+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First date- ever.

First date- ever.

Hey guys. My name's Chris, and I'm 14 years old from MS. I'm hoping somebody more experienced than me can give me some advice. I've been dating this girl for a couple of days, and she asked me if I wanted to go to the movies with her and a friend of hers. It was the first date we've gone on, and really my first date ever, so I was kinda nervous to begin with. Anway it went pretty well until the end, when we just hung outside and waited for our rides.

There was a really long, awkward pause for like 20 minutes till my ride came and we just kinda said goodbye and I left. She's a lot more experienced than I am I guess, so I really didn't know what to expect, or what she expected. Anyway the end sucked, and that's really all I'm gonna remember about it. I really want to make up for that, but I've got no idea how. Hopefully it wasn't a deal breaker. I really don't know what to do next, and I wanted to see is anyone could give me any advice from experience. Anyone have any ideas of what I can say or do to make up for it? I really just want to apologise for the end of the date somehow, but I don't know how to do it without sounding like a loser.

Anyoen got any advice as to what I should do next? We had a double-date set up for Monday, where I hope I can make up for the last one. I really just have no idea what to do next. I want to call her sometime tomorrow, but I don't know what to say about the date... I've got to say something about it or else she'll think that I thought it was fine, and the next one will suck too. Any ideas?
    Last edited by GDB612; 14-01-06 at 09:35 AM.

What are you sorry for? What do you mean you hope you can make up for the last date? How it is your fault for the long awkward pause? If she's so experienced, then why didn't she break the silence? Don't just blame yourself for that, because it's also her part to talk to you. And don't apologize man. Shouldn't think too much about what to say, just be yourself.

14 is too young to be dating. Maybe you should wait until you are a couple of years older and have gained a bit more confidence in relating to girls.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherguy0123
    What are you sorry for? What do you mean you hope you can make up for the last date? How it is your fault for the long awkward pause? If she's so experienced, then why didn't she break the silence? Don't just blame yourself for that, because it's also her part to talk to you. And don't apologize man. Shouldn't think too much about what to say, just be yourself.
    Thats what I was going to say, get out of my head!
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Hey, how cool are your parents?

If you are 14, why don't you have a driver's license and access to a car?

Let me know the above and I will try and help you out here

DO NOT APOLOGIES, it will make you look week.
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

don't worry about what happened on your last date – you've got another one set up already, haven't you? next time you see her just show her that you're fun to be with.
    and there's really no call for apologies – she could have broken the silence as well, man, this is the 21st century! she's probably as embarrassed as you are about what happened, so don't remind her of it, just show her you're fun to be with!

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Thats what I was going to say, get out of my head!
    yes sir lol

i agree with whoever it was that said your too young to date .

14 was probably my craziest year for me but anyways ... at this age you dont really grasp the whole "dating thing" just yet ... maybe at 16 you can but many fail . i suggest to just keep those girls as friends , and in a couple of years , then you just pick wichever one you want and believe me , if your friendly and a bit of a flirt , you CAN pick and not only have 1 choice .

heck , when i was 16 i went out with a whole group of girl friends , i dated one after another , then they all started to hate each other but thats another funny story .
    (they were a group of friends , then i started to move in the whole group from one after the other , it was great , they all knew i was doing that but yet not one of them rejected me )
    and you know what i did before , i was a "friend" ... just some guy that talks to them from time to time , goes out with them a couple of times during the year (as friends) and then when all of us are older , i just caught them all (or most) .

ps: also , be nice to ALL girls , one girl can ruin all of this if she hates you , but dont be a pussy either . stand up for yourself just dont be an ass , ... when i say all girls i mean ALL , even the uglier ones ... why? because sometimes those little uglies turn out to be the best ones in the future .

enjoy your sports and games , once you hit 16 ditch that shit (except sports) and sell them all , with the money work and buy yourself a car , workout at 16 (not before as you will stay the same height) ... and enjoy the girls while they are easy ... wich means in HS .

wow, where I live, people are dating starting around 7th grade. I don't see how it's too young. It's not like you have to drop the things you love to do to get in the dating scene.

To OP, remember, she's just as young as you are. She's prolly thinking the same way. Just show that you're not nervous, and she'll respect you w/ whatever you do.
    Last edited by Bigg Boss; 16-01-06 at 02:38 AM.

7th graders dating is the equivelent of little girls playing dress-up or little boys playing cowboys and indians. 7th graders can't even get themselves to the movies, can't pay for it, and can't even buy tickets to a PG-13 movie without their mom's permission.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    7th graders dating is the equivelent of little girls playing dress-up or little boys playing cowboys and indians. 7th graders can't even get themselves to the movies, can't pay for it, and can't even buy tickets to a PG-13 movie without their mom's permission.
    Exactly. 7th graders dating is only dating by word of mouth. They can't really do anything alone, and if they go out, its usually in a big group of friends. Even in the first few yrs of high school this tends to be the case. At the very most, at age 14/15, kids are in what I call a "take 'em to the side" relationship. They can't drive, still do stuff only in big groups, and occasionally the girl will take the guy to the side, and give him head. But I'd hardly consider that dating.

WHAT THE HELL???

What has changed?

I had a learners permit when I was 12, and a license to drive when I was 14?

I had a car at 14?

I had a job at 14, so I had money, not much.

I use to pick up my date in my 73 Buick Electra, (Silver Blue) with plush cloth interior, electric everything. That car was about 30 feet long.

I had to be home by 9, but that was time for an early movie, and an ice cream afterward.

This is not MY car, but my first car was just like this, only blue!!!
    Last edited by Bluevetteracer; 16-01-06 at 03:25 AM.
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    WHAT THE HELL???

What has changed?

I had a car at 14?

I had a job at 14, so I had money, not much.

I use to pick up my date in my 73 Buick Electra, (Silver Blue) with plush cloth interior, electric everything. That car was about 30 feet long.

I had to be home by 9, but that was time for an early movie, and an ice cream afterward.

This is not MY car, but my first car was just like this, only blue!!!
    Nowadays you have to be 16 for a license, if not older, in most states.

You have to be 18 to get a license in New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    WHAT THE HELL???

What has changed?

Damn, you must be old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast