Protesting During the Olympics

[url]http://www.slate.com/id/2187280/?GT1=38000[/url]

Chinese Censor of Tibetan Protests

[url]http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/03/27/829298.aspx[/url]

Should we nuke China?

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    China pisses me off. I've been studying them a lot for economics, and have discovered what a warped sense of ethics that country has (beyond was we already know). Not saying the chinese people are bad, but the gov't is freakin terrible.

They want to appear like a free thinking democratic country, but they really are a bunch of money and power hungry commies. They don't give a shit about the common good.

I hope this whole deal with Tibet shows the world who they really are. The Tibet issue has been swept under the rug for far too long. I can't believe they would go so far as to try and portry Tibetans as terrorists and criminals - they've been persecuted by China for ages. They have a right to be pissed off, and a right to be heard. Shame on the Chinese gov't for their actions towards these people. I hope the European Union really does go ahead with the boycott of the Olympics that they're discussing.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Just makes Vancouver 2010 look that much better...

Of course, we're all watching to see what they do with East Van. Should be interesting, all that money for 2010 and what, again, for them?

I'd like to see a portion of the proceeds go towards low-cost housing & drug rehab programs.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bluesummer votes Yea on nukeage of China.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was against the 2010 Olympics here, and I still am. Rising housing and transportation costs, as expected. The homeless on the downtown eastside getting screwed over. Money being spent building useless crap that could've gone towards public education, social housing, making transit more affordable, among many many other underfunded things........

It's part of the reason I moved to the 'burbs and won't ever be moving back to town. I love my hometown, but it has become too much of a big money-grubbing cesspool of materialistic asswipes.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    but it has become too much of a big money-grubbing cesspool of materialistic asswipes.
    That's what we like to call "Los Angeles".

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes, and maybe that's why I've never had any desire to visit Los Angeles.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LA is not like Vancouver, Blue. Its a big, big sprawl. It has nice areas, Pasadena, malibu, north beaches, and the northwest burbs are pretty, but generally the traffic, noise, dirt are a big turnoff. Even for ppl who live there, I'm told.

The airport sucks, btw. And there isn't too much to see by way of attractions, most of those are outside the city.

Of course, I don't like big cities much. I hated London, even tho there's lots to see & do there.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hear mixed things about London, but I still plan to go, just to see for myself.

I'm starting to despise urban sprawl.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It was great having the Olympics here, and I love Los Angeles, except for the earthquakes and traffic. Like anywhere, the place you live is what you make of it.

As for China - they never shoud have been allowed to host the Olympics in the first place.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?