+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Move on or keep trying? Please advice.

Move on or keep trying? Please advise.

Hi
    I just would like to share with u guys a "dilemma" that I am in. Last week at a birthday party, I met a girl. The first thing I gotta admit is that I was inept at flirting. But this girl and I were having a good time. At the party, even when she saw her friend, she had a small chat, and then stayed with me, hanging out just two of us alone for the rest of the party until my friend showed up.
    Yeah that damn friend came to me, and talked to me which interrupted good time. I don't know whether she felt displaced. Since that friend showed up, she went to join her friend, and I didn't have a chance to talk to her again in the party

But since I got her email address (not phone number) from birthday invitation, I emailed her, and introduced myself in the first email to her. It was okay, and she also replied. But in the subsequent email, I let her know my phone number, and asked her whether she wanted to hang out sometime. I didn't hear back from her since. So what does it mean? Is that the end of story? I also didn't send any more emails to her since I might look needy and desperate.
    Last edited by dougy2009; 15-06-11 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Spelling error

No reply = not interested

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    No reply = not interested
    Thanks for the reply! Concise yet so true. Yeah, this is all but hopeless.
    But part of me is still waiting for her reply

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You might have turned her off by implying she needed to contact you by giving her your number. Next time, try flirting a bit more by text before moving up to phone (which seems to be a jump in level for this generation). Ask for her number if she seems interested.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i'd suggest too YOU ask for HER number
    but maybe she doesn't know how to respond right now?
    after a week of no response maybe you should email her 1 last time to see what she thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by Drumzzz View Post
    i'd suggest too YOU ask for HER number
    but maybe she doesn't know how to respond right now?
    after a week of no response maybe you should email her 1 last time to see what she thinks?
    Thanks for the opinion! I kinda thought she should at least reply something instead of being dead silent as she is.
    But yeah maybe, I should try one last time.

The problem with email and text and the like is that you never know WHY someone isn't responding. Maybe her computer blew up and she can't email you back. Maybe she lost her iphone somewhere and that is her only method of communicating right now.
    I agree that you might have asked for her number instead of leaving it up to her to be the pursuer. Maybe she would rather be pursued.
    Another email in a week's time or so might work, but I have a hard time thinking of what you could say. Maybe just a message to say you are checking in and wanted to see how she is doing or something. Or maybe something "reminded" you of the party and the good time you had there and you wanted to let her know that you were thinking of her. But after that, if she doesn't respond, definitely move past it. Don't wait for her to call you up, keep living your life and if she decides she wants to be a part of it, then great. If not, then you are still advancing your happiness.

Good luck,.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    The problem with email and text and the like is that you never know WHY someone isn't responding. Maybe her computer blew up and she can't email you back. Maybe she lost her iphone somewhere and that is her only method of communicating right now.
    I agree that you might have asked for her number instead of leaving it up to her to be the pursuer. Maybe she would rather be pursued.
    Another email in a week's time or so might work, but I have a hard time thinking of what you could say. Maybe just a message to say you are checking in and wanted to see how she is doing or something. Or maybe something "reminded" you of the party and the good time you had there and you wanted to let her know that you were thinking of her. But after that, if she doesn't respond, definitely move past it. Don't wait for her to call you up, keep living your life and if she decides she wants to be a part of it, then great. If not, then you are still advancing your happiness.

Good luck,.
    Thanks for the insightful reply! Yeah, man, I wish she had unintentionally missed my email as u said. It is pretty unlikely though cause she replied to my first intro email in just a few hours. But it became dead silent when I sent her the second email. I guess maybe cause she came to realize my "intentions"?

Anyhow, I gotta send her the third email, checking her how she is doing. If she doesn't reply anything, then it is time to move on and take my mind off her.