+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Forbidden Love

Forbidden Love

I’m deeply infatuated with my best friend “the Kaptain”. (“Kaptain” w/ a “K”, how cool is that?)

I’ll never forget the first time we met. At the time we both worked for the same company. One day I was running an important request for a guest & as I turned a corner in the hallway I literally ran into “the Kaptain” spilling coffee all over his shirt & pants. That chance encounter sent fireworks throughout my body. Over time our relationship blossomed, in part to our similar taste in music. Unfortunately, our careers took separate paths but our love of music became an excuse to occasionally meet during lunch. I’ve never been able to declare my true feelings for him because he’s married. However, it’s to a woman that’s given more rides than Greyhound. Can I justify declaring my love to him because of her promiscuity?

I tend to consume copious amounts of alcohol daily to drown my feels of inadequacy which is multiplied by the fact that I’m unemployed. Am I a whore?

Is he gay too?

Quote Originally Posted by john-ace View Post
    Am I a whore?

Only if you act on these impulses... you can't control how you feel... that's true.. but you can control whether or not you should take action.

You have an opportunity to avoid something that will be very ugly. There is nothing beneficial to gain from this... you know this. What is he going to do? Leave his wife... whisk you away to some perfect life? Get real... you might have a few romps in the sack before he grows tired of you... Surely you want more than that.. don't you?

Don't be infatuation's fool... think before you decide to follow emotions...
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Winner! Best troll in a while. I actually had to read that twice to understand what he was trying to say.

Drink more, Ace. Then post again. Let's see if you can improve your record.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh