+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She's back in my life...sorta...

She's back in my life...sorta...

Well I am bored at work so I might as well mention something.
    There was/is this girl I've known for almost 5 years now. Not the same one I'm "trying" to impress currently. Someone totally different. I used to see her as more than a friend. Actually i wanted her to be my girlfriend...but anyways...we still keep in touch and all. she went down south for law school. we call each other from time to time. talking about our lives and such. i contacted her through instant messaging last nite, i dont' know why, i think i was just bored or something. we got to talking and out of the blue i told her "have dinner with me" even though she's like 400 miles away she said yes. at first i was like "i'm not driving down there!" but then she said she will have dinner with me when she comes back home after she graduates...she'll be back up here in august. i really miss her. but i don't see her as nothing more than a really good friend. the thing is, i haven't spent time with her in person for almost a year now. for some reason when someone goes away for a long time, people lose interest and seem to grow apart. i'm one of them. but this feeling comes back once they return, if they ever do. i guess the point to this nonsense is that, should i talk to her about other girls i've been seeing? or should i see her as a "girl i'm seeing". when i talk to her it's as tho we're "talking" but at the same time we look for comfort in each other. i've never mentioned to her about my "dates". would it be awkward in a way that i can't tell her this stuff?
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

people do change, she has been to law school and she will not expect you to be just sitting around doing nothing and talking to no one,have fun on your date she might just look even better. you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by that girl
    people do change, she has been to law school and she will not expect you to be just sitting around doing nothing and talking to no one,have fun on your date she might just look even better. you never know.
    that's what will make it even harder...it's a friendly date...i've moved on, but i don't want to tell her "um ya there's this girl i'm seeing and she's hawt!!" i hope it won't be too hard to talk to her.
    "Don't be afraid to fail because only through failure do you
    learn to succeed." "Oh and be careful what you do...you'll never know who's watching..."

well, theres only one way to find out....go for it

good luck