+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just look at my username.

Just look at my username.

A few days ago, my girlfriend of two years broke up with me. She said she didn't love me anymore, and tonight she was out with someone else and told me she kissed him and had a hickey on her neck. We're still in high school, she's a senior, I'm a junior. I know you guys will say how there are other people out there, and how I'll get over it, but I'm completely dead inside, I'm a human shell. We've been through so much, I know more about her than I know about myself. In less than a week, school's over, and she's gonna graduate. After she graduates, she's going off to basic training and AIT (advanced individual training) for seven months. The guy she likes is also in the national guard, but they are gonna be in different countries during those seven months. What she has done to me is so unexplainably painful, I've seriously considered taking my life, my dad has a revolver in his closet. My friend told me to come on here and post, so I'm doing that. I'm so depressed that I can't move much, and exams start this Friday, and I'm going to do miserably. I don't honestly think anyone will be able to help me, but he told me to make the thread. I want to die on the outside like I did on the inside.

Dont take your life for that.
    She's done you a favour. Yes, she hurt you deeply, but this is life. She wouldve gone away for 7 months anyway even if you two never broke up. Also, you never know but very soon she might realise that she still loves you and will want to get back with you.

I strongly suggest talk to someone about this. Maybe your dad. Its just youve been hurt so much by this that you wanna end your life?!?!? You are still so young and this girl will always love you no matter what. And imagine if you do take your life? Imagine how she will feel. She'll feel like she murdered you herself. Why would you want to make her life miserable for ever for her? You love her, so don't do this for her sake at least. Pull yourelf together and with time things will get better and both of you will be happy.

Hope this helps..

You're right, I can't tell you anything that'll keep you from doing that -- or make you not want to. Only you can. But I can say that a friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend and he committed suicide and it hurt her so bad, but she married 2 years later. This says that time will heal. All you can do is wait it out. But you shouldn't want to be with a cheater anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...owl eyes

She didn't cheat on me, she broke up with me and then started stuff with this other guy. I've never felt this bad. My mother cheated on my father and completely tore my family to shreds, and thats nothing compared to this.

Why want to be with someone that doesn't want to be with you? She hurt you. If anything try to get over her or it's just going to hurt you worse and worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...owl eyes

Time WILL heal.. Even if that sounds impossible right now, but its true.

uri just posted "tips and advice on how to forget someone" in the broken hearts forum. check it out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...owl eyes

Call a suicide hot line.

1-800-784-2433
    1-800-273-8255

I don't know if I can forget her. I keep tricking myself into thinking that maybe when she gets back, we can work on our relationship, although she says it won't happen. I'm pathetic.

It doesnt matter what she says. When she gets back, how she FEELS will be different. So no you ar enot tricking yourself. But having said that, she may not feel the way you want her to feel.
    Dont make any rushed action/decisions now. You NEEED for some time to pass.

Time does need to pass, I guess, but I'm so scared. Today I had to get up from my desk to get water every 5 minutes because I didn't want to get thirsty. I was so scared that if I got thirsty, I'd never be able to get that feeling to go away.

It's a phase, everyone goes through their first couple of break ups. In a few months you will re-read what you posted and wonder what on earth possessed you to act that way.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I still strongly suggest that you talk to someone close to you or a councellor. Who are you closer to? Your dad or your mum? Maybe you have an older brother?
    You should talk to one of them. No one else will give you better advice, help and support other than your family.

The counsellors at school don't do their jobs at all. I don't speak to my mother. My dad cares about me, but I don't know if he can help me. I think the only thing I can do is do what she used to call the "Florida way": hunker down, expect the worst, hope for the best. I'm going to bed, but I will check this thread tomorrow. Thank you all for posting, I really appreciate it.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The first breakup always feels like you are going to die. Everyone feels like this. You are normal and you need to trust this feeling will pass. After another couple of breakups you will realize that, while it still feels like crap, you *will* be okay. It never gets easy, but it does get easier.

Hang in there. This too shall pass.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast