Ah, I messed up last night.

There's this girl that I met recently, and we have been pretty into each other. But, her friend is borderline obsessed with me and I went out with one of her friends two years ago.

This didn't really stunt me or anything, but last night I had a party at my house and I picked her up to come. We were drinking having a good time, I got her alone teaching her how to play piano, and then she went into my room with me alone.

From there it seems fuzzy to me, but I do remember us going in for the kiss and eventually getting there, only to have her almost instantaneously say I can't I just met you. She tried to leave but I got her to stay and try to talk, she just kept repeating she doesn't know, and that she wants to but she just can't. Then after questioning her and slowly but surely giving up on the situation she stated "You're not used to getting rejected are you?" I was perplexed by this question, and automatically denied it. I told her I have been rejected before, I did not want to give her that confidence that she was able to do something other women have not.

She eventually escaped me and left the room, but the rest of that night for me was awful. This was visible in my demeanor and was probably been my greatest error of the night. Honestly, if it was possible I would have told everyone to get the **** out so I can sleep. She of course noticed this, and started joking to me about hurting my pride; I just half-heartedly countered that her ears were big, only teasing and with no biting undertone . She then continued to try to pry out of me an admission that I am not used to being rejected. For what? I don't know. I simply looked broken down though, and I think that will be my fatal flaw in the end. At the end of the night she asked if everything will be back to normal I just laughed and said "nothing happened" and smiled.

It doesn't help my situation at all that the least tactful of all my friends tried to talk her into being with me, and brought up sex. I definitely was planning on doing that with her the first time we ever hang out, but now she probably thinks I was like a perv. I hate when friends try to help with girls. They only makes it worse.

By coming into my room, getting that close with me... maybe she does have an interest in me, but then again... maybe she was just drunk and I, just stupid.

With all that in mind, do I dust off my shoulders and try again? Or let this bird fly? I guess I care so much because this is the first genuine interest I have had in a girl since I broke up with my ex several months ago. Eh, I feel stupid, and the hangover just makes it that much worse. What do I do?