+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to show him that i love him..

How to show him that i love him..

I am in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend and we keep very regular contact, most days we would text, fb or skype. Yesterday evening he mentioned that he was going to the cinema and I didn't question who with. He then text me to inform me that his blind date never showed up. We had a few texts of me playing along and having a joke about it. Only that he went to far at one point saying that he missed the thrill of being a player and that the chase was half the fun. Now at this point I got very upset and angry. It was the first time I had ever given out to him. We spent the rest of the evening talking about it and he apoligized for what he said. I love him to bits and he knows this, and last night i said it to him as we were saying good night to each other but all i got back was 'bye x'. At this point i went to sleep and i woke up to a message this morning that he sent about 12 last night say 'I'm so confused!'. I repiled today saying that if he wants to talk to me about what he is confused about, that i'm here whenever he wants. I don't know what else to do. I don't want him to end our relationship as I've known him for 2 year but we are only seeing each other 4 months. I just want to let him know that i love him and i'd do anything for him but at the same time not be too clingly about it.
    I just need a guys opinion on the matter.
    Thanks

I'm sorry, sounds like he is having second thoughts. You've left the ball in his court, so wait till he contacts you. I wouldn't say much more at this point.

If he's having second thoughts and wanting to break away, anything you do at this point he will percieve as 'clingy'. At the moment he's likely thinking of reasons to stay, but if he's looking to leave he will also be looking for any excuse to leave.

In this situation, I wouldn't ring him/text him. I'd leave all the initiating up to him. Don't chase after males who are not sure if they want to be with you anymore. Only give him as much attention, as he gives you.

He does seem confused whether he wants you or to be a player at the moment. If you contact him at any point he will use that as your needy and a reason to leave you. So leave it up to him and hopefully he will contact you, if he doesn't and chooses to be a 'player' then you should be glad you are out of it. But i do hope it works out for you.
    I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

I'd say just give him some time, space, and whatever kind of support you can without the threat of smothering him. Avoid "baby I love you soooo much I just wanna be with you" type messages. Try to make him feel comfortable talking to you about his true feelings and make sure to emphasize that you're willing to work through any tough times. Above all, be patient. At this point that's the only advice I can give.

You don't need to show him you love him. He knows this. What he doesn't know is if he loves you.

I don't think joking about having blind dates while you're in an LDR is funny at all. LDRs are hard enough when you're both 100% into it and making sure to protect the trust. He's not doing this.

You guys are headed for a breakup.
    Spammer Spanker

long distance relationships don't work. Most people need to feel intimate contact with the person they're in love with, how do you do that if you don't see each other everyday?