+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Difficult, nerve-racking situation

Difficult, nerve-racking situation

Hi,

I wrote on here a few weeks ago about shyness, and a few problems I was having, and pk(or was it tk...)magic wrote me a great essay and a half of how to help...myself.

But I'm still having problems here. I'll write a little bit about the situation.

I'm going out with this girl. And she's the most beautiful, perfect person I could imagine, yet she's really shy (like me!) and has the best personality I could ever hope for. I can't stress enough how nice she is; if I could change anything at all about her, I wouldn't. Not a thing. We've known each other for four years, and I asked her out a few weeks ago... after her definately edging me on.

Soooo... we're "going out". Thing is, we're totally used to being just friends. It's blatently obvious we both really "fancy" each other, but we're just not used to that sort of thing. We love each other's company, and we really are best of friends... we see each other most nights at school, see each other at weekends etc etc etc.

But there's just one little problem in the above through paragraphs: shy and we're totally used to being just friends. That's the problem, although all of the above is true, we just don't act like... lovers! Of course, I want to hug her etc. but we're just not used to all that.

Randomly hugging her etc would just seem so... out of place with our personalities. I just don't know what to do. And I doubt anybody here knows what I should do; it's just such a complex situation. I feel a text msg would help...

Oh god am I an idiot. I have the best girlfriend I could ever, ever hope for but I don't want her to think I don't love her from the lack of romance, but I don't want to seem out of place/fake like everybody at my age going out. Yeah, by the way, we're 15.

Some reassurance/advice would be nice, and some help would be nicer.

Thnx

I think you already have it easier than the rest of us. Why not just go with the flow? Going out doesn't mean that you immediately have to do all the things you think lovers should do. If it doesn't feel right at this point, then why? I'm sure it'll take a little while to readjust to the new err..dynamics of your relationship, but things will happen when they're meant to

agreed w/ doll69... also, if your that good of friends...just ask her how she feels..like, the hugging and the romance stuff....

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob
    Oh god am I an idiot. I have the best girlfriend I could ever, ever hope for but I don't want her to think I don't love her from the lack of romance, but I don't want to seem out of place/fake like everybody at my age going out. Yeah, by the way, we're 15.
    You are a couple? If so, then start doing what couples do. Gotta start doing what you really want to do with her or else you would be fake...ya know?
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

just do what comes naturally, when it comes naturally