+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What goes in your head when you hear someone loves you?

What goes in your head when you hear someone loves you?

hi guys, ok, this time i have not come here with my own person problem. my mission here is to find out how you feel about love. now get ready for the question.
    What do you feel inside when one of your friends or known person says that he or she is in love with you?like this person comes to you and just confesses it to u. do you ignore the matter? or some other thought comes to your mind?
    and even if u remain in confused mode n that person second time tells u i love you what goes in your head?

but i heard that no matter how ugly u r, the person who loves u sees u as an irresistable thing.

obviously, it all depends on lots of things.

in general, confessions of love out of the blue are not a good sign.. it's a infatuation or crush, and I prefer my friends to stay just that, even if I was single. .. and even if I was single AND liked the person, confessions of love are just an iffy way to start a relationship. The love should come later.

So I'd feel pity for the person; I can't give them what they want, and the situation isn't really their fault (It's probably my fault, but that's another story). I'd have a little sit-down with them where I just set them straight on my feelings, possibly apologise for my part in it and hopefully help them move on.

OR, if they're not a friend, I might just ignore them completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    And the more I think about it, I'd probably just stammer my way through an excuse to get away from her, regardless of whether I'm attracted to her or not. Then I'd figure out whether I'd want to get involved or find a good way to decline.
    what if the person says that he/she doesnt want a relationship with you? what if the person gives u time to think, date, whatever?

Tiay, i know when this happens out of the blue, the situation can look weird. but would you consider a situation in which u know each other for a long time? what if u both dated before the confession? n what if the person flirted with u n u began having feelings for him? would u still think about him?

hm. assuming that i'm single of course.. well, if I was interested in the person, and there was already a romantic relationship history to the situation, that would make the confession of love come off a lot less creepy and crush-like. Still, i'm wary of people who say the word "love" (in a romantic as opposed to a friendship context) too easily.

ok, imagine aegis, this person is not selfish....n doesnt want to force u for love. would you still think about it?

Tiya, ok now, wat will be your reaction after hearing the confession?

Is this the guy who kept trying to date you even though you weren't attracted to him at all? Did he confess his love, humanolive?
    Spammer Spanker

what are you getting at?..

well.. it would really depend on my exact feelings for them. I suppose if there was already a romantic relationship there, I might be creeped out slightly if the person came off too obsessive or something, but otherwise I'd just say it back if it was honest.

I love you, Aegis.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Is she an idiot?
    gotta remember that one

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Is this the guy who kept trying to date you even though you weren't attracted to him at all? Did he confess his love, humanolive?
    hahaha, gigabitch, no we r just friends....but i had been in this situation many times....when someone confesses his love to me i just get confused, shocked n feel that i dont deserve such thing...my best friend n i were discussing the topic. i wanted to know how others feel about it. whats your opinion on this? do u go blank like me? the first time i received the three words in a letter. that was back in grade 9. i read the whole letter over n over...n finally said i love u too to the guy. it was from a friend. now that i am in real world, i wonder what can make a person fall for me. but yes, i start thinking about him....n try to understand whether i have that same feelings for him.

aegis, seems like u want to straightly go into marriage. thats a lot of things u r going to consider.

well, i think even we don't love the person, we shouldn't completely ignore it....it takes a lot of courage for a person to say the three words....instead of feeling all weird, we should thank god for it cuz not everyone get to hear those words....not everyone gets loved.

yeah but when people say I love you out of the blue, that's just a crush. I haven't had that happen to me, but I have fended off a few crushes-- even though all my friends know I am in a happy loving relationship already.

I don't like the "but it'll ruin our friendship!" argument. If two friends really like each other romantically, they should go for it, and if they are mature people they can continue to be friends even if they break up.
    BUT when a friend already knows that I'm in a relationship, it does ruin our friendship for him to go crushing on me. Then they go all crazy and sulky and moody and I'll feel bad for them. And it's partially my fault for being an attractive (I believe the people who I've sent photos to can vouch for me), friendly, open, and naturally flirty person. Heck one time, a housemate thought I was coming on to him within 20 minutes of moving in, and I didn't do anything at all.. apparently it was my eyebrows. *shrug* so yeah, oops, I did it again?

ah, only few people say i love u out of the blue. n of course, this shouldnt be taken seriously. but when a person who knows u for a long time tells that, i think it makes a lot of sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast