+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Americans are jealous of Europeans?

Americans are jealous of Europeans?

I know Americans feel a lot of animosity to us in Europe and after thinking about it, I imagine it's probably because of a few reasons, stemming from jealousy. On comment sites on the internet, Americans I see in Europe, many of them seem bitter. It's because Europe has a better public sector, with world class healthcare and welfare, so we're mostly in good health, whilst Americans gorge on McDonalds and Taco Bell.

I've been to America, and whilst some were nice, others laughed at my accent, and I saw people who were too fat to be alive by any reasonable logic. Meanwhile, most Europeans live in nice flats/houses in good health, and speak several languages (I for example am fluent in English, German, Norwegian and Swedish).

The global community despises America because they invade whoever they like, whereas Europe is the voice of reason. So America make up lies, about us being "*******" when they're just insecure because their "American dream" has crashed and burned and they're in the shadow of their colonial masters.

They're so jealous they come over to Europe, trying to claim our history and heritage as theirs, because we have statues and vases older than their entire country! They come to Europe, and think because they had an ancestor in the 1500s it's their "homeland" and try to get to know "their clan". It's hilarious and pathetic at the same time. We have better food (Americans just steal other peoples'), nicer and more open society with less crime, better services, higher happiness ratings, better culture and history and are more intelligent.

Agree? Do you agree this is why Americans dislike Europe? Because it's what they wish their country was?

I don't know anyone who dislikes Europeans. Why do you dislike Americans?
    “What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.” ― Mark Twain

Can you link us to a reputable source to back up your claims?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't much care for Europeans because there are too many blondes, and too many speedos. Also, too much arrogance about how much they think they know about Americans based on stupid TV shows, which is pretty much like saying we know all about the French because we've seen Pepe Le Pew in a cartoon once.
    Last edited by vashti; 02-08-13 at 11:34 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Uhm...I actually don't care. I personally never thought about it. I'm sure a lot of Americans don't care. Never even thought about it
    Last edited by Starnique; 02-08-13 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettb. View Post

I saw people who were too fat to be alive by any reasonable logic.
    lol tell me about it scarlett

Not really, although some people are jealous of everyone. I'd love to travel Europe.
    Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.

I don't think "they" are - probably have other more important things to do. You, on the other hand...