+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Stupid question

Stupid question

Hello. So I am asking this seemingly stupid question to get some female feedback pertaining to facebook useage. Unfortunately, the world of relationships is affected by facebook these days and so while it may seem silly to me and many others, I know it can send significant messages to some.

Anyways, going through a bit of a break up. My girlfriend says she loves me very much, doesnt want to see anyone else, doesnt feel we can be only friends, but "cannot do this anymore" as she has been very angry and annoyed with our relationship lately. I informed her that I did not want this to be the end of us but that if its what she really wanted that I would respect that. I have not contacted her since.

In the meantime, our relationship status on facebook remains until just recently. Suddenly her's does not appear at all while mine looks the same with her name included and everything. What seems to have happened is rather than change our status on facebook, she simply made it invisible to everyone else. My question is, should I go ahead and change the status completely myself? I do not want to give the impression that I want our relationship to be over so if I did change it what kind of message would that send in a girls mind? Is it worth it to change the status, make it invisible, whatever or should I just leave it alone? A brief explanation would also be helpful.

Thanks!

Just change the status to single and don't worry about it.

Just says you acknowledge it is over and you are moving on.

What she thinks about it really isn't your problem, that's for her to deal with. If she wants to get back with you then maybe seeing the status change might make her think about you and the fact that she doesn't want it to be over in which case she will contact you.

If she doesn't want to get back with you she won't

Your FB status really doesn't have anything to do with it other than it might make her re-think her options

Thanks horseyguy. What you shared is kind of my point. I dont want it to be over between us. I want us to be together. So by changing or not changing the status does that change the possibility of that happening??