+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused, stuck. I would really appreciate advice.

Confused, stuck. I would really appreciate advice.

Hello. I don't even know how to start.

Here it goes. I met a girl 2 years ago and we started to date, after 6 months we became a boyfriend and girlfriend. Everything was so good in our relationships, she was studying and working, so do I, but we always had time to see each other, we went out, spent day together, had fun, shared jokes. The last summer it was amazing. I always was so happy being with her, we had our ups and downs, but then something horrible happened. We split up, and it was on the day of my birthday but after one and a half month being separate we decided to try again, we both missed each other. Even though after all what happened I was madly in love with her, we talked every single day, I asked her out, again spent day outside, ether we went to movies or to restaurant or hanged out with friends and I treated her like princess cuz she means everything to me. She needed me, I always was there, ether she needed help, support, advice or anything, I always was there for her. I did so much for her, but then when we sometimes had an argument bad things happened. She was right or wrong but nothing changed, when we had an argument she always went to talk to her ex about feeling for him, or insulted me while talking to her friends ( which by the way are 99% male friends ). This I saw by accident when she forgot to log out from her facebook after she left my place. Even the times she was wrong about something, she always made me feel guilty and go to apologize to her. I did it cuz all this time I thought she is too good for me. Now after everything has happened, she stopped doing all that and it's all good, but the problem is that I don't feel happy anymore. Her parents treated me like sh*t, insulted me, I never said nothing becuz I wanted to be with her. So now when the summer is nearly over memories took me back to last one and just to see how this one was different from last one. All this summer, even though we had time, we didnt made effort to see each other, she prefers now to stay home and I cant go there anymore becuz her parents told me that they don't want to see me there. We still talk every day on phone by text messages or we call each other, but we barely see each other and even when we do I dont feel that happy anymore how I used to did. I try to make an effort to make some days special. I invited her for dinner at my place, I dress up, cooked, we sat down had our dinner, talked with a nice music in background. Then I went to a park next to her house, I light up candles which said I LOVE YOU BABY. After we went out to see movie, walked home. Now her birthday was recently so I made her a surprise party, it was a lovely day and night together. I do that becuz I care so much about her, but I still find myself not happy. She hasn't put any effort in relationships, if I dont tell her that I want to see her, we just wont. Like in this summer in all these 3 months I saw her 6 times and all of them I was the one who asked her out, to spend time with me. Sometimes when I'm stuck and I need advice I just can't go to her, cuz she doesnt give me any advice, her answers always are, yeah do that or something like that. I just don't know what to do anymore, I love that girl, but I don't find myself that happy anymore. When I try to talk to her, it's again always is yeah you're right we should do that or that, or try something. But nothing changes unless I dont do it. I know I'm a man but I think I still for all what I do for her and how safe, good, special and loved I make her feel, I think I deserve at least better from her side, that she would put some effort there as well. I don't want to leave her becuz I love her very much, I just don't know what to do anymore, how to make it better, to make it like it was before.

Stop being such a doormat. The more you put her up on a pedestal the less she wants you. Stop doing all those things to please her, you can't buy her affection with gifts and crap. It makes her feel smothered. To be desirable you have to make yourself less available. Start having a life outside the relationship, stop being clingy and needy. Go out and be busy doing things on your own, hang out with friends, go to parties. Stop sending her drippy gooey love messages....cut her off of that and act distance, and aloof. Make her earn your attention.

Trust me on this, everything you having been doing before, do the opposite. And before you know it she will be eating out of your hand.

If nothing changes, then it means she already has left the relationship and there is nothing you can do to change that.