+ Follow This Topic

Thread: seeking relationship advice

seeking relationship advice

Have been married for almost two years now and never had many problems until now. Maybe it's just stress, but I'd like others opinions. I don't really have anyone to talk to. I'm not happy with my marriage and I'd like to know the best way to tell my husband. It's only been two years but we've both changed so much. He gets mad very easily and I don't want to make him angry or hurt him, but I feel like I don't know him anymore. I know I've told him before, but he seemed to just ignore me or maybe he didn't think I was serious. It might be stupid, but I made a list of things he could do to make me feel better. Is this a bad idea? You would think he should know what makes me happy after five years together. I don't want to be selfish either, but I'm pretty sure he's happy- maybe there's just something wrong with me? If anyone can help I'd appreciate advice. Should I just tell him? Give him the list? Ask him if he's happy first? What if he gets angry? What if he ignores me?

I think you guys need marriage counseling. What you describe is one of the main signs that a marriage is in jeopardy. He needs to be more understanding of your needs and not simply get angry and ignore you. That's not going to solve anything. I'm sure he still loves you and it's the best time to try and turn things around.