+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can guys with aspergers date girls with out aspergers?

Can guys with aspergers date girls with out aspergers?

Can guys with aspergers date girls with out aspergers?

He's probably either going to need to have a lot of money or be very good looking.

Yes Jim they can. I'm on a forum for parents or kids on the spectrum and last year one mums 20 yr old son got engaged to a lovely girl.

Of course they can.

Sure, people can be understanding and patient if you let them.

Its difficult and gets more so the more serveir your symptoms. I have done it, of course im single now...

Quote Originally Posted by Hookahmike View Post
    Its difficult and gets more so the more serveir your symptoms. I have done it, of course im single now...
    You have aspergers too?
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Yep living in the spectrum is a rather interesting pov

I may be wrong, but isn't technically everybody on the spectrum?

But yes, guys with aspergers can date girls without aspergers. It just means that the people involved need to be very understanding and patient.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

True everyone desplays some autistic traits, but a nurotypical cqlling him self autistic because of that is like me calling myself navajo because my great great grandfather married someone who was.

My youngest son (13) has high functioning autism and he talks about wanting to have a girlfriend. The problem for him, is that hes not very social. How does one go about meeting girls or anyone for that matter when you aren't a social butterfly? I would welcome any pointers on this as well.

I am by no means an expert I speak purely from personal experiance.

Well if your son rejects social interaction then theres no help to be given, but if he's simply socialy awkward then he'll figuer his own way out. Try and ecncourage him to find a group of ppl hes comfortable with, anf eventuwllu find a hub of sorts where he can interact with both ppl he knows well and those he doesnt, yhis will really help his social skills. hope this helps sorry there isnt more
    Last edited by Hookahmike; 22-10-11 at 05:37 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Its possible, but the NT partner has to be prepared to deal with more loneliness and emotional distance with an aspie. These relationships often breakdown in the longterm, particularly if the aspie isn't recognized as such.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by devonbrown View Post
    I may be wrong, but isn't technically everybody on the spectrum?
    Like everyone is technically capable of graduate-level mathematics, sure. Aspies are not typical, particularly regarding emotion.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Every body has some traits but to be considered autistic you have to have to have sufficient traits in 3 key areas. 1) difficulty communicating 2) limited interests / repetitive behaviors 3) social disfunction. Aspies don't have the speech delays seen in autistic people, though, next year they are ditching the term aspergers and re-classifying autism so that the terms are more defined. When I say my son has Autism people generally imagine the kid from Mercury Rising and my boy is nothing like that.

To be honest, the average aspie is no worse off than the average NT when it comes to relationships. At least the aspie has an idea that they may be hard to live with and can take that into account when they are in a relationship. They are also not so inclined to leave after the first argument, so there is a greater chance for the long term. Also, the partner of an aspie is likely to get greater support from the aspies family which also helps a relationship.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast