+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eternity Rings?

Eternity Rings?

Ok my girlfriend and I have been together for two months and she's slightly been hinting at the fact about an eternity ring, well not hinting as such but I was messing about with her ring on her hand and she mentioned it, i've heard about people buying eternity rings as a sign of showing you love someone for eternity but ive also read these are bought after marriage especially during an occasion such as a child birth.

So my question is how do I go about buying my girlfriend a ring and what kind of ring can I or do I get at this stage to show how much I love her? and any advice on what to say to her would be greatly appreciated as im not very good at this sort of thing

2 months? Eternity rings? LOL! How old are you?

omg i asked for some advice not for a sarcastic comment about how old i am so can you stop with the sarcastic comments, as I said im not very good at this kind of thing.
    Last edited by eva1; 05-01-10 at 07:00 AM.

Go buy her a ring and tell her how you want to spend the rest of your life with her. Show her how much you are in love with her. I mean come on! What's taking you so long! You've been together 2 months and you haven't given her an eternal ring yet?! What the heck is wrong with you!

You have to understand that from our point of view Eva, 2 months is nothing.

A ring of any kind should be far off down the road.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eternity rings are usually given to longtime married women for a milestone anniversary. Sometimes for childbirth, but not usually.

Rings tend to be symbolic for girls. I would suggest a nice pendant or earrings but not too expensive. Chances are you won't be together in another 6 months. Not being mean just realistic.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I wonder if by eternity ring, he really means promise ring?

Quote Originally Posted by shheadz View Post
    I wonder if by eternity ring, he really means promise ring?
    Well he said he researched it and saw what eternity rings meant. I think he wants to by that one. LOL!

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, they are very different. The eternity rings I've seen are chock full of diamonds and not usually in the price range of a young man starting out. If they ARE in his price range, he should be considering investing the money instead. Put it towards a house purchase or business startup.

Promise rings are silly. One step removed from an engagement ring. Likewise silly, IMO.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Well he said he researched it and saw what eternity rings meant. I think he wants to by that one. LOL!
    Jeez.. I hope not. Even a promise ring (which is a bit corny and high schoolish to begin with) would be too soon at 2 months.

Thanks for the responses and Coco i really don't know what your problem but theres no need for it.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ok eva1,another one from me too... You probably don`t realize it ,but in few years You will be ashamed reminding what You were saying and how much You were thinking You and Your decisions are adult... Till this moment You will probably have 10 more different girls... 2 months ? Come ooooooon, You really belive in that? You must be 15 or something,right?
    I wazzzz here

2 months... and she's asking for an eternity ring? honestly.. i think she's ripping you off.. sorry.. but that's the ugly truth...seriously
    i think i'm a guy with boobs (???)

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Eternity rings are silly. Sorry buddy. They're even more sad when she asks for one after dating 2 months.

Why can't you be a normal kid and get her a stuffed animal that says I love you. You want to feel more grown up don't you? In that case buy her a "promise bracelet." (yes, folks I just made that up- just like the same fool who made up "promise rings" and such).

Do you KNOW what eternity means? It means for-ever... you really think this love is most definately, absolutely going to be the last love of your life? Chances all point to no, she won't why bother promising that- NOW. You've got years to make that promise when you're older, wiser, richer.

Eternity rings are silly. Sorry buddy. They're even more sad when she asks for one after dating 2 months.

Why can't you be a normal kid and get her a stuffed animal that says I love you. You want to feel more grown up don't you? In that case buy her a "promise bracelet." (yes, folks I just made that up- just like the same fool who made up "promise rings" and such).

Do you KNOW what eternity means? It means for-ever... you really think this love is most definately, absolutely going to be the last love of your life? Chances all point to no, she won't why bother promising that- NOW. You've got years to make that promise when you're older, wiser, richer.
    Jesus f*****g Christ! dont people read my posts?? i was asking if there is any other ring, ok maybe not even ring any other piece of jewellery that does the same thing, I know what eternity means and i know what the ring means also. She didn't even ask for a ring! Im not doing the stuffed animal with I love you on because i got fed up with that in my last relationship, also kind of reason why i left also, they just dont do it for me! so anyway i get everyones point, its too soon to buy jewellery for a girl ive just met, i can tell most of you have been beaten down pretty bad because telling another member of a forum that the chances are i wont be with this girl in years to come, it's pretty sad really.
    Last edited by eva1; 06-01-10 at 09:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast