+ Follow This Topic

Thread: relationship help...am i losing feelings or is this a new stage and level of maturity

relationship help...am i losing feelings or is this a new stage and level of maturity

I've been dating a girl for almost four months now. She's an amazing person who would drop anything for me. We've barely fought. We hung out a lot for about 2 1/2 months literally everyday. Lately I've noticed the butterflies are gone and it seems like I'm losing interest. I find that I still flirt with her and call her nicknames and ask her to hang out. I'm finally comfortable with a girl for the first time in my life due to the fact that I've been insecure and screwed over in my past relationships. I want to make things work with her. Yeah other girls are goodlookong but I don't wanna get to know em. It feels like I'm losing interest...n I hate this feeling. Am I really or is this a new phase in the relationship? Am I confusing feelings of comfort or am I really losing interest. I don't think I'd be hear asking this stuff if I was over her but I wanna know

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Four months is a bit early to be losing the spark. How long has it been like this?
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Just a week or two....we saw eachother for almost the whole day everyday for 2 1/2 months...I don't want things to end

4 months is definately a very very short lived "honeymoon phase" To put things in perspective I've been with my boyfriend for almost 10 months, we are very comfortable with each other but having said that the butterflies are still very much there and if anything they feel even stronger and I absolutely love spending as much time as possible with him. If those special feelings were gone within 4 months I would of been quite concerned for our future, maybe talk to her about it?

Yeah I agree, I've been with my GF nearly 18 Months now and I still get really excited about seeing her / being with her

If I hadn't have felt like that after 4 Months I'd have been worried.

Hanging out all day nearly everyday might have made you feel that way. Just take a breather, she might appreciate it too. Sometimes absence make the heart grow fonder. You need to be sure to tell her this though and do not be ambiguous, speak to her FEELINGS, do not talk logically because she won't be doing the same--especially if she's still smitten by you.

Spending your whole time together is too much and the best way to spoil a relationship. What about your and her own personal life?

You need fresh air in your own life to be able to give and get freshness in your relationship...

You have spent too much time together. If you got to eat your favorite desert every day, would it still be your favorite, or would you be a little tired of it?

Losing the butterflies is part of the relationship maturity phase. But you took everything too fast by seeing eachother all the time. Thus you are moving right along into the comfortable couple phase.

In a way be happy. This is the phase where you really find out if you are compatable or not. Love is blind in the 'honeymoon' phase, and you won't see the faults.