+ Follow This Topic
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: really sucks

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lahnnabell View Post
    How are flowers practical? They sit on your desk, and die in about a week. Personally, I've never been fond of flowers. They represent unoriginality in my eyes. Any goon can stop off at the grocery store to pick up a dozen roses. I like to know that there is more thought behind a gift than, "I need to leave 15 minutes early so that I have time to buy her some flowers."

The flowers were certainly practical enough if they got you anal, right? So, why would jewelry not yield the same results?
    Well, lets see:

Flowers: 15 dollars.

Jewelry: 1500 dollars.

Hmmm.

Who said you had to spend $1500? You can get a very nice, tasteful piece of jewelry very inexpensively. Besides, the thought is what should really count, not how much you spent.

i think guys have a major complex about buying their women cheap jewelry. it's one of those things that is only valid in male logic.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Who said you had to spend $1500? You can get a very nice, tasteful piece of jewelry very inexpensively. Besides, the thought is what should really count, not how much you spent.
    If it's the thought that counts, then what's wrong with flowers?

I win.

I don't understand this. Is it because buying an expensive item for a woman you care for shows that you possess enough money to care and provide for her? Is it because a man simply wants to impress the woman? Gratuitous displays of money have never interested me or impressed me. I'm interested to see how many women are impressed by money. I don't know the figures.

A well-planned date, however cheap, would impress me far more. Remembering my likes and dislikes would impress me far more. Those take more effort, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    If it's the thought that counts, then what's wrong with flowers?

I win.
    I was talking about the value of a kind gesture (one that does not necessarily require money) vs. the monetary value of a gift. I don't think that flowers require much thought. People give people flowers for everything. Deaths, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, etc. Why do you give someone flowers? I'm sure it's not simply to get rewarded with anal sex.

If someone loves receiving flowers, then I think it can be a wonderful thing. Personally, I happen to dislike the gesture.

i think flowers are a nice gift. i like the kind in a pot that you can save and have forever.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I don't understand this. Is it because buying an expensive item for a woman you care for shows that you possess enough money to care and provide for her? Is it because a man simply wants to impress the woman?
    Let me share my perspective : i dont know enough about jewellery to be confident that i can pick out something nice but cheap that my SO will like and wear. So to be on the safe side, i will buy something simple but with precious metals/stones or buy from places like Tiffany where i feel i'm less likely to go wrong. There is also the thing about cheaper costume jewellery where women will like it, wear it for a while and junk it. i prefer to buy something she can keep.

Just my .02

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Diamonds are forever, flowers are for.....three days, max.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Perhaps my issue is more that I don't feel the need to have any material possessions to represent my love for someone, or their love for me. That's just how I see it. I know plenty of others have different perspectives.

Does possessing a diamond make a woman happy because she can show it off? Because it looks nice? Because she feels if she doesn't have one that the love he feels for her isn't real? All of the above?

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You might just be too young. A love for diamonds is something women seem to grow into.

Worst $500 I ever spent was buying a diamond necklace for my 21 year old girlfriend.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Diamonds are forever, flowers are for.....three days, max.
    So you're saying, buying something that lasts longer, bars me from having to continue purchasing gifts in the future?

I see your point.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't understand this. Is it because buying an expensive item for a woman you care for shows that you possess enough money to care and provide for her? Is it because a man simply wants to impress the woman? Gratuitous displays of money have never interested me or impressed me. I'm interested to see how many women are impressed by money. I don't know the figures.

A well-planned date, however cheap, would impress me far more. Remembering my likes and dislikes would impress me far more. Those take more effort, in my opinion.
    Once again, this come down to the fact you're in a new relationship.

You're still mindful about how much he's paying attention, how much he's listening.

Believe it or not, eventually you'll take it for granted, because his ability to listen will be part of the foundation of your relationship, in other words, you'll take it for granted if he's doing things right.

Gifts, or special events will mean more, as the relationship matures.

So you're saying, buying something that lasts longer, bars me from having to continue purchasing gifts in the future?

I see your point.
    It is more like a slide down a treacherous, slippery slope ...

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I see your point.

Well lets see. My fiance doesn't buy me gifts often (mostly because I don't want or expect them), but when he does shell out, he goes big. I'm usually so dumbfounded I feel like I couldn't dare make a request of him for anything for a long, long time.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast