+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He won’t leave me alone.

He won’t leave me alone.

I didn’t exactly know where I should post this problem, because I don’t actually want to date the dude--I want to get him off of my back. I’ve just recently moved so I started a new school last month, and the first day I got there, I met this guy named Moe (named changed). When I first met him, he was really nice and I didn’t have any problems with him. We were friends. Just friends. After about three weeks of knowing him, he bought me a pretty expensive watch. I wasn’t interested in anything other than his friendship and I made sure he knew that, since he told me he wanted me to be his girl. I did accept the watch even though I’m not allowed to accept gifts from boys, but I made sure he knew I didn't like him. I didn't want to lead him on. He was still friendly and I didn’t have any problems with him liking me, so I figured we’d still stay friends.

I was wrong. Throughout the next week, he started messing with me, touching me, putting his arm around me, telling me that I was already his girl, calling me doll, saying I was his doll, etc. I was nice at first, shrugging him off, telling him that I didn't have any feelings for him, asking him not to call me his doll, etc. He seemed to ignore all of this and the whole month of January got pretty stressful. I got so fed up that I snapped on him, and he just thought it was cute. I’ve made it pretty clear that I don’t want to be his girlfriend and that by how he’s acting, I don’t even want to be his friend. He backed off for a little while, until yesterday. Another boy came up to me and started talking to me, and since Moe is in my class, he saw. He walked right over to me and this other boy, gave him the coldest look I’ve ever seen, and then proceeded to plant himself on my desk, as if he were saying I was his property. Now he's gone back to acting how he was before.

I’m a pretty peaceful person, but Moe is really pushing me. The touching part is making me kind of scared because I've never had a guy do this to me before. I’ve tried everything to get him to leave me alone, from asking nicely to yelling. He just thinks I’m cute and playing hard to get. I don’t know what else to do. I’m past the point of being nice and I can’t go three seconds without pushing him off of me or yelling or arguing. I don’t like acting this way, but what else am I supposed to do? Is there anything else I can do? And, lastly, did I lead him on in any way? Was it the accepting of the watch or something? I'd apologize to him in a heartbeat if I somehow led him on, but if I did, I don't see how.

Anyone been through this before? If so, how'd you handle it?

is he touching your arm type of thing or is it more touching you in sexual parts? breasts etc. telling him that you dont like him touching you and that it scares you, tell him that he will never have a chance with you if he keeps on the way he is.

It looks like he has completely obsessed himself over you, and really, from what you said, it doesn't look like you did anything wrong. If you still have the watch, I'd probably give it back. Maybe he interpreted that as something, I don't know.

I'd say stop being nice about it and being, well, downright blunt. He won't get it through his thick head any other way.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Seriously. Be like "dude, i'm not ****ing playing around. I don't even want to be your friend anymore, so stay the **** away from me before I get a restraining order." This guy seems like the reats fo the assholes I know who think they are pimps. God I ****ing hate guys.

Ok i had kinda the same situation. This guy just would not leave me alone! Anywho, if you've told him how you felt and he didn't seem to understand or refused to understand, i would suggest going to an adult. I know i know corny BUT thats the only thing that worked for me and i'm sooo glad i did cause the guy was suicidal, etc. and you never know what they guy could do to you.

Seems to me like you aren't trying hard enough to get him to stop. By continuing to hang around this guy, you are asking for trouble. Just avoid him and when he approaches you, walk the other way. Don't you have any guy friends that you can just stand with and when he approaches, they can kinda scare him off? Just make it clear that you don't like him. It's very possible to get him to stop if you REALLY want him to. Perhaps you should consider the fact that maybe you like all the attention? I'm just throwing out ideas. Don't get mad. It's just an idea. You may not like what he is doing, but maybe you are enjoying all the attention. It's just a thought... *shrug*

Seriously tell this boy to **** off, he can't do anything to you. You tried to be nice so now give it to him straight.

if you telling him nicely to back off doesn't work, I think you should look for a restraining order.

BTW... Give back the watch. It was selfish to take it in the first place if you didn't like him. You were leading him on indirectly.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Give back the watch, and tell him you're not ****in' around.

Keep yourself around friends who know about the situation so they can back you up if he keeps it up.

to Black Rose: there are lots of guys who assume that ANY female friendliness means romantic interest, and lots of girls who are naturally nice to everyone. Just because Momo accepted the watch and doesn't tell him to f**k off, that's no reason to conclude she wants his advances.
    She could be struggling with trying to let him down easy, but feels guilty about seeming unkind, and if he's the possessive type who treats her like his little doll, he wouldn't believe her anyway. As it is he thinks she's being cute, not uninterested.
    I do NOT agree one bit with your premise that somehow she is secretly enjoying this guy's oafish behaviour. She probably is used to having guys as friends and didn't think someone would read more into it.
    He thinks she's fair game for him since she's not 'taken', but a guy like this would not be able to comprehend that a woman can be single and still not accept a man's interest.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyLamb
    to Black Rose: there are lots of guys who assume that ANY female friendliness means romantic interest, and lots of girls who are naturally nice to everyone. Just because Momo accepted the watch and doesn't tell him to f**k off, that's no reason to conclude she wants his advances.
    She could be struggling with trying to let him down easy, but feels guilty about seeming unkind, and if he's the possessive type who treats her like his little doll, he wouldn't believe her anyway. As it is he thinks she's being cute, not uninterested.
    I do NOT agree one bit with your premise that somehow she is secretly enjoying this guy's oafish behaviour. She probably is used to having guys as friends and didn't think someone would read more into it.
    He thinks she's fair game for him since she's not 'taken', but a guy like this would not be able to comprehend that a woman can be single and still not accept a man's interest.
    As I stated in my post it was JUST A THOUGHT. No need to jump down my throat. I give my opinion, you decided you didn't like it. Your problem. It was just an option. I wasn't telling her she liked it. Read my post again and make sure you really read things next time you decide to critique someone elses advice.

Thats pretty freakin scary Momo, I think you need to tell someone >.>. (not us) XD
    The dudes in the same class as you right? tell the teacher, or you could go the old fashioned road and have him beat up ...... Im only half kidding >.>

1. Give back the watch
    2. Tell him to "please" back off
    3. (If he doesn't) Smack him
    4. Walk away

If he comes to you acting the same way repeat steps 3 and 4

Wala....

> BTW... Give back the watch. It was selfish to take it in the first place if you didn't like him. You were leading him on indirectly.

Black Rose: I realize you believe you were merely making a suggestion; however it was probably this follow-up message that got my goat, because it seems to imply that Momo *knew* she was giving him the wrong impression, and everything I read in her post tells me otherwise.

Let's not jump down each other's throats. We each, as you say, have our opinion. My opinion was not meant, however, to attack you, so if it seemed that way, I apologize. I may have reacted before thinking it through. Still, I do recognize genuine puzzlement, and Momo was definitely not being selfish! On the contrary, I'd say she thought it would be rude to refuse.

There ... MHO, LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast