+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dont get her, should i just give up ? (Long and complex)

Dont get her, should i just give up ? (Long and complex)

Kinda complex, well known this girl for over a year now, started out texting each other after one of her girlfriends got my number for her, after 3 month of texting I found the balls to tell her I liked her, she said she wasn't looking for anything, but was flattered. So I thought fair enough, move on.

Except she kept texting me, things picked up alot, for the last 5 months I think there has been less than 4 days when we haven't texted each other. I was out one night, I was meant to be clubbing with friends but she asked me to go the bar she was at so I did, spent most the night with her, went to see my friends but she kept texting me to go see her. Eventually I did and we ended up back at hers sharing a bed, alittle bit of cuddleing going on but no sex. Following few days where awkward but it sorted itself out.

couple month later I asked her to go out somtime, she said yes and seemed excited, so we went out had a great time and things were looking great. However afew days after things went downhill, she stopped talking, day went past no text, so I asked what was up, we started talking again and but it wasn't the same, if x's on texts mean anything then this was a bad sign, used to be xxxx but after her little mood over what I still don't know it went to xxx. Anyway she was out for her birthday and she said she come see me at work (bar) she did and her friend said , so this is (my name) and she said yea, the her friend got a camera out and took a picture of them two then tried to get a picture with me ad the girl but she didn't seem to want to but her friend pushed her next to me and we put our arms around each other and got a pic, her friend looked at the pic and went ''awwww''.

I asked her to go out on the weekend and she again agreed, didn't seem excited though, time came and she had an excuse not to meet up, I can't tell if it was genuin or if she was saying it to not meet up. Anyway since then I wasn't happy and we stopped texting throughout the day. Eventually I texted her but I didn't bother with the xxx she replied and left xx I replid again but she never replied and to date that is the current situation. I'd figured that she just see's me as a friend and so the xxx thing wouldn't matter anymore.

We've had, in my opinion, a more than friend type relationship, if she doesn't like me why did she go out just the two of us the first time and agree the second time ? If her reason for not meeting up the second time was genuine why did she not try and arrange another time ?

If she isn't interested why come see me at work on her birthday and why did her friend say this must be (my name) if she hasn't talked about me and make her get a pic with me ?

She is a self proclaimed 'shy' girl and she is very closed up on her emotions and feelings unless its anger. What would you do in my situation guys ? Girls what from your own experience do you think she wants ? Why would you act like this if you ever have

It does sound as if she isnt interested in you. If she was, after this amount of texting, she would be probably meeting up with you, not making up excuses to not meet. Believe me, if a girl is interested in you, she WILL make plans to see you.
    It sounds like maybe she was interested in you, or wanted to check you out, see how you were etc when she came to meet you at the bar. No doubt her friend knew who you were, girls talk! lol Doesnt really mean she was telling her how much she liked you or anything.
    It also sounds like you maybe put yourself in the friendzone a little bit i think.
    Thats probably the problem. Too much time went by without you making some bold move now she doesnt see it going anywhere like that.It happens all the time, if you are TOO nice and friendly, a girl kind of looks at you in a friend way i think. Girls like a bit of a challenge too, so you sound like you were all too willing to go by her rules and she probably thought it was too easy and not exciting enough.

The reason behind my theory on this is that it kinda sounds like a friend of mine. I met him and he seemed really cool, good looking etc. Well we started texting a lot. I would have maybe considered going on a date with him but he didnt ask me out or anything straight away. Was really nice to me, constantly texting me and commenting on my facebook and stuff. I was going through a rough time and he said he was always there to talk if needed.
    Dont get me wrong i really appreciated it and he always cheered me up. But i just began seeing him as a friend and not really dating material. He still texts me and i am always polite, wouldnt have been so straight forward with him at first, i just made up excuses to not see him and go out and stuff. But then when i thought id make it clear that i wasnt interested in him like that and he still kept trying i eventually told him i wasnt interested in him at all like that. That i saw him as a friend.

No doubt if you kept pushing to meet/talk to her she would tell you the same thing.. That you are more of a friend than dating material. I bet if you asked her straight out 'Do you see anything happening between us? Or do you see me as a friend?' That she would probably reply as the friend option. Maybe you should ask her that? Just a quick text to see what she says?
    The you can know for sure and just move onto another girl. This time, dont put yourself in the dreaded friendzone my dear.
    You have all the weapons you need... Now fight!

Cut this girl off and don't look back.

Went to texted my friend to update her on this situation and accidentally sent it to the girl, it wasnt anything soppy or cringy like explaining how i feel or anything which was lucky but it was still obviously about her and i would rather not have sent it. Extremely funny though i must admit, had a laugh with my friend about it. As for the girl your probly right, the excuse was she had to look after he brother because her mam was out till later on which was fine it was the fact she didnt arrange another day that bothered me but this message i sent will give me my answer so it wasn't a total disaster. Thank you for replies i shall keep you updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance11 View Post
    Went to texted my friend to update her on this situation and accidentally sent it to the girl, it wasnt anything soppy or cringy like explaining how i feel or anything which was lucky but it was still obviously about her and i would rather not have sent it. Extremely funny though i must admit, had a laugh with my friend about it. As for the girl your probly right, the excuse was she had to look after he brother because her mam was out till later on which was fine it was the fact she didnt arrange another day that bothered me but this message i sent will give me my answer so it wasn't a total disaster. Thank you for replies i shall keep you updated.
    Ohh no. lol Thats awful. Id say you definitely just blew it anyway. Sorry!

Haha more than likley but i'm not bothered anymore, if she isnt interested then this will deteriorate to the point of no communication very quickly and i shall have my ultimate answer so i'm happy whatever the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance11 View Post
    Haha more than likley but i'm not bothered anymore, if she isnt interested then this will deteriorate to the point of no communication very quickly and i shall have my ultimate answer so i'm happy whatever the result.
    Thats good to hear. Its probably for the best anyway. Go find someone worth your efforts

Thank you ! I'm actually in a euphoric mood now, thanks again for the responses