+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he in love with me all of a sudden??

Is he in love with me all of a sudden??

So here is the deal. I have known this guy for almost 3 years. In the start I thought we were dating, because he seemed like he liked me, and I fell in love with him. Later on, I found out he didn’t like me that way, and I choose to be his friend. He became my best friend. I still have feelings for him, and sometimes it’s so hard to deal with. But the last half year, I have been starting seeing other guys. I even kissed other guys, for the first time. He has been with a lot of girls himself. I have told him I want him to tell me when he is with girls, because it still hurts, and all of sudden he tells me he also cares (just don’t show it) who I sees, and he wants to know about me and who I hook up with. He knows what I look for in a guy and all of sudden he starts doing these things. Like taking me to the cinema, writing all the time, asking me out, writing to me when he is drunk, saying he loves me.. and so on.. The only person I saw all the time in my Christmas holiday was him. We have had a lot of fights over the 3 years, mainly because I get angry and sad because he is with other girls or does not pay enough attention to me, but we always stick together in the end, he thinks its important that we talk about it, when I get mad or sad, so we can remain our relationship and work it out. He has just started to say that he loves me. And well I don’t really know what it means, but I love him as a friend and as a boyfriend. He is the type who flirts with everybody, but lately he has been very intense about me (I think, compared to when we started our relationship). He said that he is begging to fight more for our friendship, and that he hoped I noticed. All this happened after I began to see other guys. I just wonder if there is a possibility that he actually likes me more than a friend, but he knows its wrong, because then we will just ruin our friendship?, or does he really only see me as a friend? can A boy and a girl be that good friends, without it means anything romantic - , that they even have a rule to tell each other that they had been with others (girls and boys?), and even says they love each other? Or is he only interested now because he does not want me, but others can’t have me either?

Talk to him. Ask him what he wants.

God knows. I have a friend of 3 years, who is exact same as your guy. Only difference in our situation is, there was a romantic interest and involvement to begin with, then it went to friends and because there is a 2 hour distance between us. We remained really close and he'd call all the time and act like a boyfriend, get pissed off if I said I was going out, etc, etc....yet he wasn't my boyfriend and the whole situation used to confuse the shit out of me.

Maybe he dislikes you being with other guys and because he thinks another guy will take away the closeness that you and he share. Hypocritical of him though and especially when it's ok for him to have girlfriends.

I'd tell him how you are feeling.