+ Follow This Topic

Thread: give it another shot?

give it another shot?

Here we go again... I like this girl who goes to a different college. I met up with her this spring break. Afterwards, I texted her to ask her if she wanted to keep in touch over the phone. She responded that she is going to be very busy, but will call me when she has time. It seems that she was politely backing away from me.

I want to date and meet other girls, but I can't find anyone like her. I feel like I have to be on my toes with my friends, have a funny comeback each time, and try to be cool and likable. With her, I feel completely comfortable talking about absolutely anything. But maybe that's because she's just that sweet, and anyone she meets trusts her as much as I do.

Anyways, I feel that spring break was too short. I would've liked more time to be around her because before spring break, we were actually pretty distant. But over a short period, we became much closer as friends. I can understand how she felt pressured by my txt to keep in touch. I think we Could have felt more comfortable with each other if there was more time.

I want to send her a text at the end of this semester and have a little txt chat. I don't want to give up on the pursuit just yet. I feel I need to do more in order to find out whether to further pursue her or just try to find someone else like her. What's your advice?

P.S. please be constructive if you intend to tell me to move on. Otherwise, it's hard for me to listen.
    Last edited by yaganon; 05-04-10 at 12:09 PM.

You are right she was politely backing away from you. If she was really into you, she'd want to talk and she'd find time to talk. Because that's what you want to do when you like somebody.

By all means talk to her at the end of the semester, but I don't know what you are expecting. I think you should take some time to look at yourself and the friends you hang out with. Why can't you feel comfortable around them? Are you afraid of what they will think? Being comfortable in your own skin will help you meet somebody that is like this girl, you can trust me on that.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.

Yeah Yag, unfortunately she sounded disinterested. And if she's disinterested in contact with you now, how is texting her at the end of the semester going to change anything?

I think you should move on and try to meet other girls at this point. There is a world of them out there and perhaps you could find one you like even better.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Continue to see other girls. Somewhere, sometime you'll meet a gal who you can be yourself with. FYI your friends suck if you think you have to be someone your not just so they will like you.

My friends don't suck. I just don't talk to them about everything I find interesting, which are typically stuff they would find lame. They know the kind of person I am, and they respect that. I don't make friends with people who prioritize popularity over friendship.

I want to move on and date someone else, but it's hard to even try to find someone when all I can think about is this one girl.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You say you have to TRY to act cool and have witty comments. If you have to ACT around friends then your friends suck or you're fake.