+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think my boyfriend is jealous of my only friend (guy).

I think my boyfriend is jealous of my only friend (guy).

I've recently moved to a new city with my boyfriend and I really only have one other friend here, a guy. My boyfriend has not yet met this guy friend and yesterday he expressed to me that he is feeling... uneasy(?) about him. Without even meeting the guy, my boyfriend thinks that he maybe keen on me, which is kind of out of the blue for me. I have never seen my boyfriend as being jealous. What would be a good setting for them to meet? I feel like it would be such an awkward situation. Please help.

Next time you make plans to get together with your friend, tell him that you'd like to bring your boyfriend along because you think they'd get along really well, and you'd love for them to finally meet each other. There's really no reason that it should be awkward, unless maybe you're uncomfortable with it because you and your friend flirt with each other and without that, there's not much of a friendship? If you don't want them meeting, then there's a reason, and it's probably an indicator that you shouldn't be friends. It's something to consider.

Anyway, anything other than a sit-down meal would be a good setting. Go out for coffee or drinks, go see some live music, go to a movie or go sightseeing, or whatever. Or just invite him over to your place and be an awesome Martha Stewart-type hostess and provide cute sandwiches and beer while they watch some kind of sports game that they're both interested in. Actually, I think that's the best answer. Do that one.