+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: skin care.

skin care.

okay everybody. this thread is for anybody who takes interest in skin care and knows about products that are out there.

i'm looking at you indi, little mis 70 bucks for face cream. what is it called?

i recently got into clinique stuff. i bought the super city blocker. it's good stuff. sunscreen and it makes my face glowy.

i'm looking for a good night cream. i've tried neutrogena and this yes to carrots crap. that stuff did not work. neutrogena works okay. i need something that's heavy cause i live in the desert...

okay, what do ya'll put on your face?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was using the Lancome stuff. Renergie. I loved it and would even use it as hand cream (bad, I know). But they changed the formula sometime last year and the last jar made my eyes crusty in the am so I threw it away.

[url]http://www.lancome-usa.com/skincare/anti-aging/renergie-cream.htm[/url]

I'm actually in the market for something new. I was away a lot last year so was just using whatever seemed not too cheap from the chemist shop. But I've heard that Vichy is supposed to be good...
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I think I posted this before... but I use Amore Pacific and Noxema

that looks interesting. thank you.

i checked out this one:

[url]http://www.vichyusa.com/_us/_en/shop_products/facecare/aqualia_thermal_lotion_spf_30.htm[/url]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I just read a study that said that oil of olay products are as effective or more sothan the expensive department store creams.

As for me - I am pretty simple - I use cetaphil for cleansing, and neutrogena moisturizer with sunscreen during the day, and whatever is on sale for at night... right now, that is "night of olay". And yeah, for an old lady, my skin is in great shape! (But i think that is mostly because I avoid prolonged sun exposure.)

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have a friend who swears by Oil of Olay. I'll get night of Olay as my next jar, might as well try if its the same.

I need to do a cleanse soon. Know you don't like them, Vash, but my skin is always so healthy after. Mbe its just all the water.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by CocoChanel View Post
    I think I posted this before... but I use Amore Pacific and Noxema
    i used to use noxema and i didn't like the minty feeling.

what kind of make up do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I just read a study that said that oil of olay products are as effective or more sothan the expensive department store creams.

As for me - I am pretty simple - I use cetaphil for cleansing, and neutrogena moisturizer with sunscreen during the day, and whatever is on sale for at night... right now, that is "night of olay". And yeah, for an old lady, my skin is in great shape! (But i think that is mostly because I avoid prolonged sun exposure.)
    i like neutrogena. i have that cleansing cream for sensitive skin and it's really good cause it doesn't dry my face out. i have their night cream. it's okay. i need one that is much thicker.

i have this olay soap that i can only use once in a while when i break out. it starts to melt my face off if i use it for two days in a row. but it has it's purposes.

I'm willing to try the Olay stuff- trying to wean myself off of Clinique after almost 20 years.

Right now I'm using some Elizabeth Arden Millenium night cream stuff I picked up at TJ Maxx. it's wonderful, even in the desert where we live, but I'm running out and probably won't be able to find more for less than $85. Also, it's lightly scented, which bugs me.
    Spammer Spanker

omg elizabeth arden stuff rocks! i spent a few minutes at that counter.

but it was all a little too expensive for me. maybe i can find it discount on ebay or something.

Go to TJ, really. It's worth the trip.
    Spammer Spanker

great idea. i will definitely go there. i liked that millenium stuff. i tried it at the counter.

the skin needs to regenerate at night, no creme. to get the skin in tip top condition is to use firstly organic products as make up and then it doesn;t matter if you wash before bed. i use miessence-- brilliant stuff. otherwise eat as much chlorella and as an extra addition is use anything with neem-you can even get natural supplements. eat loads a organic veg. my skin is gleaming since i started using miessence. they do foundation-not fantastic but i combine it with the lesser harsh of the foundations commercially sold clarins to get a better paste-but the underneath is a protection barrier-i also use burts bees hand moisturiser as a face creme before i apply any foundation to begin with. trust me.

oh and i always have washed the next morning with an organic shampoo-it's very gentle on the face. i always find the next moring i look as fresh as a daisy especially if i take my three tabs of chlorella before i sleep
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 25-09-09 at 09:30 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

thanks eco. that stuff may be a bit too expensive for me too. i checked out the night moisturizer. it looked good.

i have to have moisture at night. this is the desert where you can drink all the water you can stand and you'll still wake up dehydrated. one time i used a mix of three moisturizers at night and my face was nice and dewy in the morning. i like that.

I do the pistachio pudding and cucumber slices on my eyes and face.

I exfoliate during the day with a large handful of mud from outside the front door.

Lava soap and Irish Spring soap take care of anything else I missed.

"What you really fear is inside yourself. You fear your own power.
    You fear your own anger, the drive to do great and terrible things."

The Warmonger

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast