+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to ask a girl to be officially dating...

How to ask a girl to be officially dating...

Okay so, I plan on asking the girl I am seeing to make it official in 1 week. I am going to take her to a very fancy place for some dinner. I got her a ring (close to like a promise ring) and I am going to give that to her after I ask to be my GF. Now ladies here is where I need advice.. Do i ask during our dinner? Do I ask after our dinner? Do I ask right when I drop her off at her place, this way she ends the night with an amazing feeling (but some girls have told me that they would not like this way) or do I ask her after dinner while walking to the car so it can be me and her.. Also, is it too cheesy to go down on one knee to ask BF/GF type thing? Just a general FYI i have known this girl for a while, and recently we have been "seeing" each other a good amount. All friends and family basically consider us to be together.

For your sake, I'm hoping that other female posters will see this as a wonderful idea. But with my usual unromantic view, I think what you're planning is overkill. I suggest you save it till you're proposing marriage.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

It can only be romantic if it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear2Love View Post
    Okay so, I plan on asking the girl I am seeing to make it official in 1 week. I am going to take her to a very fancy place for some dinner. I got her a ring (close to like a promise ring) and I am going to give that to her after I ask to be my GF. Now ladies here is where I need advice.. Do i ask during our dinner? Do I ask after our dinner? Do I ask right when I drop her off at her place, this way she ends the night with an amazing feeling (but some girls have told me that they would not like this way) or do I ask her after dinner while walking to the car so it can be me and her.. Also, is it too cheesy to go down on one knee to ask BF/GF type thing? Just a general FYI i have known this girl for a while, and recently we have been "seeing" each other a good amount. All friends and family basically consider us to be together.
    That would be too much for me as well. Have you told one another you love each other yet? If you haven't, I say save the ring for when that happens and you know that she's actually on the same page as you. "Recently you've been "seeing" each other a good amount." Just recently? Don't scare her away. I say use the K.I.S.S. method. "Keep It Simple Stupid" and then once she actually accepts your request to be your girlfriend, then pour on the romance/ring giving.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

This is too much but I am not a hopeless romantic. It depends on her really.

I think you should ask her to be your gf during dinner. That way you wont chicken out on her doorstep.

What is with the ring? What are you promising her exactly? Promise rings normally symbolize "I will always love you" or "I will marry you one day" or "I want you to have my baby one day" lol what is the promise? If you havnt been together that long its a little weird to make big promises like that.

Maybe you could say its not a promise ring-just a gift to show how much you care?

Promise ring???? Really dude?

Return that ring now and never think of doing that again, unless you are in one of those crazy Christian Christ the Rock no sex until marriage, you must tell us your exact income and donate 10% churches.

Take her to a nice dinner, tell her how you feel and that you want her to be your GF. It is that simple. I just did that myself and it went VERY well.

For sure not a crazy christian type. Neither is she. We were friends before for a while. friendship got too close when both of us were dating someone else so we decided to part our seperate ways and not tak anymore. Now that both of us are single, we spend as much time as possible together, which is not much since i work over 12 hour days... Her family, and my family consider us to be kinda BF/GF already. For instance she was telling me her uncle says "when do I get to meet your boyfriend" shit like that. But i still want there to be a solid "Day" on which we can call it like our anniversary (1 month 6 month etc).. After talking to many people, about 75% say wait on the ring, and 25% say give it because they can tell I want to.. One problem is that the younger sister came with me to pick out the ring...
    Advice?

so many people in here want things to be so formal. confuses me some what

one of my exes i simply took to the movies one night
    took her out for dinner another night
    then one night she came to my bands rehearsal
    she came back to my place afterwards obviously liking it all
    we slept together that night and were "official" from then on out.
    about 3 weeks after that we went to the beach for a weekend and got caught up in the moment and that is where we claimed our love for each other.

was not very formal at all.
    but flowed naturally. it did what it did by it self

Quote Originally Posted by BennyJamesField View Post
    so many people in here want things to be so formal. confuses me some what

one of my exes i simply took to the movies one night
    took her out for dinner another night
    then one night she came to my bands rehearsal
    she came back to my place afterwards obviously liking it all
    we slept together that night and were "official" from then on out.
    about 3 weeks after that we went to the beach for a weekend and got caught up in the moment and that is where we claimed our love for each other.

was not very formal at all.
    but flowed naturally. it did what it did by it self
    I like to have a actual known anniversary day. So therefore it will be tomorrow.. But is the ring too much?

i would hold onto the ring.
    maybe a simple necklace or something like that
    just as a symbol bla bla something something

I don't like you already for kind of stealing my username.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    I don't like you already for kind of stealing my username.
    Oh shit! haha i got it from donnie darko

I would assume so did the other guy lol

This whole idea has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard in these threads......and that's saying a lot

Just ask her to be your girl while holder her hands and kissing her. Chump. !

I think it is a FANTASTIC idea. She will love it, and she will probably fall head over heels almost immediately. Just make sure she knows you want to be with her forever and ever. You should ask right at the beginning of dinner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast