+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Nice to meet everyone

Nice to meet everyone

I just want to introduce myself, before giving advice, lol. I'm a 24 year old college graduate and I'm leaving for the Navy in a few months for flight school.

I've been one of those lucky guys who has gotten a good amount of girls, but I've learned that "flings" are not what i want, nor something anyone should seek. Therefore, with the time i have before i leave, i figured i could potentially give some advice to people who just want to get with girls...I thought maybe i could help, or share some stories...(My friends love my ideas and advice, lol) With that being said, i had to find a forum!

I've learned that finding a significant other who can provide for themselves, yet is practical, will truth, love, and commitment be displayed evidently through your relationship.

(My own quote)

Quote Originally Posted by someguy1984 View Post

I've learned that finding a significant other who can provide for themselves, yet is practical, will truth, love, and commitment be displayed evidently through your relationship.
    You came to this conclusion by sleeping around and having flings? amazing. Though I think I rather learn the same way...if you get my drift. If I am ever to settle down with a girl who has had her flings, I think I would rather have my share of them as well.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    You came to this conclusion by sleeping around and having flings? amazing. Though I think I rather learn the same way...if you get my drift. If I am ever to settle down with a girl who has had her flings, I think I would rather have my share of them as well.
    Yes, i did come up with it through flings and experience.

Ah, you bring up a very interesting point. I've had this mindset and it got me where i am.

It's not a battle to get even and have an equal amount of fair play. For instance, if she slept with 4 people, you should have at least slept with 3...(To make it more even) This is a terrible way to think. I did this and it just drastically turned into more and more.

If you truly care about someone, don't be concerned with their sexual history. Whatever happened, made them a better person in your eyes and brought him/her to you. So, don't ever think about getting even, or that you need to "fool" around a little more. Once you've found the right person, you shouldn't have those feelings.

If you believe it's fair for you to have your share, things will change...You end up sleeping with someone else and get curious. (Wow, that was pretty good) Then, your curious about more girls and slowly screw up your chances with the one you should have settled down with. Sex/flings become an addiction. It's a self confidence booster and always pleasing in the end. It's surely not a good way to look at life and in the end love is far superior.

Sex can always be worked on with your partner and should be the last thing to worry about. The important value is being able to care for his/her feelings and feel comfortable through hard times. Sex is a bonus, truth is courage, love is forever.

Once a one night stand guy, always a one night stand guy.
    I don't know when I will want to settle down.

Welcome to the forum.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?