+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any advice on dealing with someone who is sick?

Any advice on dealing with someone who is sick?

My ex - who I am still friends with - is sick with an infection that she contracted over two years ago during a period of time when she was depressed. Her depression was brought on by a month of heavy drinking where we would be at the bar on almost a nightly basis. Initially we both wanted to go, but after the first two weeks I was going just because she wanted to, I would have two or three drinks, then spend the rest of the night trying to talk her into leaving. Suffice to say, neither of us go near alcohol anymore.

Her infection causes her to be so exhausted at all times that she can neither work nor go to school. I try to do everything I can to make her life easier and try my best to always be available if she wants to talk. Last night she called me, I just happened to be out with friends when she called, we spoke briefly and I asked if we could talk a little later, she replied with a blunt 'no'.
    Later on she called me to tell me that she didn't want to talk to me anymore. She hates me because I went out drinking with her and I didn't get sick as a result of the drinking. She hates me because I was out with my friends, because I am in school, because I work and because I am buying a car which is better than the cars her parents own. I am doing all this while she sits at home too tired to move.

I look at this and think that if she had called me two hours earlier or later I wouldn't have been out with friends, I would have been able to listen to her and we would likely still be talking. Everything between us seemed fine until yesterday, we were seeing each other and talking on the phone on a regular basis now all of that has ended because of the timing, I know there is more to it than just that, but had I been able to talk to her at the time she wouldn't have gotten mad at me.

I'm not quite sure how to handle this.

alcoholics anonymous .... maybe ?!?!

What does she have? Sounds like Depression. If it is, ask Tone how to remedy it.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    What does she have? Sounds like Depression. If it is, ask Tone how to remedy it.
    aaaaaaaaaahhaha

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    lmao