+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sex/Relationship with Step Sibling: Appropriate?

Sex/Relationship with Step Sibling: Appropriate?

I just want to gather opinions on this topic. Me and a friend had a discussion about it yesterday, and it got quite heated and of course we had opposing views. I personally dont see why anyone would have a problem with it. One reason: NO RELATION BY BLOOD

While it's not wrong legally, I still think that it's wrong. I have family of mine that I'm not related to by blood and I couldn't imagine having sex with them... I consider them family. I'd feel gross. And it'd make family events awkward.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    legally it's not wrong. it's just something that our nation isn't accustomed to.

when you think about some of the taboos that other countries have, when a woman gets married, she will marry all the men in the family. yes that includes all the brothers and the father. imagine sharing a women with your brother or dad...

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    legally it's not wrong. it's just something that our nation isn't accustomed to.

when you think about some of the taboos that other countries have, when a woman gets married, she will marry all the men in the family. yes that includes all the brothers and the father. imagine sharing a women with your brother or dad...

raverboy
    And how exactly do you know that this is isn't just another way of saying that "you're part of our family now"? Sure, if it is taken literally it would be strange, but that's like being shocked over someone referring to a father-in-law as "dad".

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i watch a lot of national geographic and this was the series called, "taboo". it's about different cultures around the world and how we usually don't expect these things to exist.

it's not just another welcome to the family when the family practices polygamy.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Well this is weird, something I hardly ever tell anyone. But yehh I was young. My dad was engaged to this woman who had 3 kids and the daughter of hers was my age. So eventually she used to come and stay over a bunch of nights bringing her kid's along also so eventually something happened between me and my soon to be stepsister, only going to third base. Yeh she was pretty, yeh she was good. But eventually thing's didn't work out between my dad and her so they never got married.

I still think it is a little weird. I think it is more acceptable but just not thought of that often. As long as it isn't blood then I think it's ok. But it just doesn't sound right when you say the relation. I don't know how other people will react to it though haha.

My ex had an uncle who dated two sisters or was it an aunt who dated two brothers?......

Anyways it was all messed up by marriage. Kids were cousins and siblings or aunts and uncles...I forget. It was too confusing. It did not sound nasty when he told me because they were not blood related and they were not step family. But the kids relations to each other were really messed up and sounded like incest, which it was not.

Moral of the story...Do not date potential relatives.

aaaaaaaajajaaa. this reminds me of the brady bunch movie.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

With the number of people that live on this planet, it seems there should be someone else available to fcuk.

oh shit. vashhhh just said f^uck.

Yeah, I'm having a bad day. Teenage drama is making me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Yeah, I'm having a bad day. Teenage drama is making me crazy.
    Oh, is this the new Vashti? LOL, Hey girl, how you been? Hey misombra..

Anyway, interesting points. Some people feel as though it'd be disgusting to sleep with a step sibling, but that's because of something personal. Some step siblings cant stand eachother. So I would understand that. But say for instance, they fell in love with each other, would it be wrong for them to pursue a relationship and and possibly marry, just like the parents. Legally, of course its not wrong, but for what reason would you be inclined to agree that its MORALLY wrong. You really cant help who you fall in love with. Well, unless its one of your DNA siblings, then that would be illegal and immorally wrong. But step siblings...come on.

If they were raised together as siblings, it would be yucky in my opinion. If they met at the age of 16 or 17, it would be less so. I don't know why parents of teens don't anticipate these kinds of problems arising.

what up dharm. i was wondering where you went.

Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    Oh, is this the new Vashti? LOL, Hey girl, how you been? Hey misombra..

Anyway, interesting points. Some people feel as though it'd be disgusting to sleep with a step sibling, but that's because of something personal. Some step siblings cant stand eachother. So I would understand that. But say for instance, they fell in love with each other, would it be wrong for them to pursue a relationship and and possibly marry, just like the parents. Legally, of course its not wrong, but for what reason would you be inclined to agree that its MORALLY wrong. You really cant help who you fall in love with. Well, unless its one of your DNA siblings, then that would be illegal and immorally wrong. But step siblings...come on.
    That would be a Jerry Springer story.

And I think it'd be wrong and weird.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast