+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I figured out that I had a rebound relationship till we broke up

I figured out that I had a rebound relationship till we broke up

Hi everyone,

I'm 23 and I believe this is my first heartbroken, but I was surprised that I just used this relationship to get out from my past relationship that I had before this one. But I was so into this relationship and gave up everything and now I was more painful that the first one. It last for 2 and half years and everything was so wonderful but he dumped for the reason that we are in a long distance relationship.

Hth is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I'm confused about what you told, do you mean that you have a rebound relationship that last for 2,5 years?

Normally rebound relationships don't last 2.5 years... but if it was, it makes sense that you are even in more pain now. Because a rebound relationship is a situation you get in to avoid the pain of a breakup. So you never experienced the pain of the first breakup. And it has been festering for 2.5 years now. So it is going to hurt.

And while you say your relationship was a rebound, it lasted for 2.5 years, so you must have developed some feelings for this guy in that time period. So you are also hurting from the end of that relationship.

So, to do the math -- (you are in pain from your last relationship of 2.5 years) + (you are in pain from your previous relationship) x (the time the pain was left unattended) = a buttload of pain. Just take deep breaths and understand that it will get better. Take a little bit of time for yourself. And whatever you do, don't jump into another rebound relationship.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!