+ Follow This Topic

Thread: a cosmic connection?????

a cosmic connection?????

OK, so I have dated this girl named Kelly off and on for about 3 years. Now everytime it would get kind of serious I would back away (I know, very "guyish" of me). I just wasn't ready. Anyway, we still talk a bit and are both still single. We both know that we have never had this connection with anyone else and every relationship pales by comparison. She is hesitant to give me another chance for obvious reasons, but I will not give up.

Anyways, over the past year there have been about 10 different times when, without even talking to her, I felt that she was "down" or depressed, and it made me feel the same. SO sure enough, I would call or email her and my feelings turned out to be correct. To be quite honest, this kind of freaks me out. I have never been connected to someone like this. Does anyone think this is the "soulmate" phenonmenon I have heard about? I mean, is this "my chance?" It feels almost unreal sometimes.

Thanks for listening!!!

If someone could answer this I would be eternally grateful

Quote Originally Posted by banes
    OK, so I have dated this girl named Kelly off and on for about 3 years. Now everytime it would get kind of serious I would back away (I know, very "guyish" of me). I just wasn't ready. Anyway, we still talk a bit and are both still single. We both know that we have never had this connection with anyone else and every relationship pales by comparison. She is hesitant to give me another chance for obvious reasons, but I will not give up.

Anyways, over the past year there have been about 10 different times when, without even talking to her, I felt that she was "down" or depressed, and it made me feel the same. SO sure enough, I would call or email her and my feelings turned out to be correct. To be quite honest, this kind of freaks me out. I have never been connected to someone like this. Does anyone think this is the "soulmate" phenonmenon I have heard about? I mean, is this "my chance?" It feels almost unreal sometimes.

Thanks for listening!!!

Quote Originally Posted by banes
    ...Does anyone think this is the "soulmate" phenonmenon I have heard about?
    I'd say yes man... anyway you'll never really know unless you put everything you've got into the relationship next time around... that way if things go sour or don't work out, You can look back with no regrets and know for sure.

but I know the feeling its amazing... when my baby is down i can FEEL it... and i feel it ten times worse... cause i love her so much, just knowing that shes not 100%, not smiling. Yeah it brings me down too. I do the same to her i hear and she knows when i'm down too. But ahhhh yes the sheer power or warmth and love i get back from her... for every bit i put in, is amazing... overwhelming even... and yes scary too. Ask yourself... would you really be better off without her... could you be without her????

In the end dude... its all just how you feel about her I guess... and the choice is yours... I think you'll figure it out.
    "Its all just your state of mind, doubt is the real killer!"

Banes~sounds like you have a special connection with her, you care about her deeply and you know her. IF you guys feel this way about one another why dont you allow yourself to get closer? Obviously you share deep emotions and youre guyish thing is keeping you apart. Take baby steps in the relationship, let her know how you feel and where you are at...communication is vital in a relationship.

I have sympathy pains for my sweetie...I swear it! So maybe there is some cosmic thing you have going on, Im sure youre not the only one who has it. But you should take some initiative to find out why youre running everytime you get close again...and take the next step see whats going on with you, what are you afraid of? Take the risk!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.