+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How long should I leave it?

How long should I leave it?

Hi

On day 3 of no contact:

Last time we spoke I left it with her to get back to me regarding her move to uni. I guess its a busy for her with it being freshers week and all... Just wondering when she'll get back to me and if she doesn't then, should I if it continues? I saw her facebook profile the other day and it seems like she's already moving on which is really hard to take, but I'm just not even going to go on facebook any more!!

We both agreed to stay friends and keep in contact and she said she couldn't block me out of her life! Also it would take her a while to get over it.

Its her birthday in about a month I was thinking of texting her then. Maybe she just needs time to settle in then she will, i dunno!? I'm a bit confused I sort of want to hear from her and sort of don't if you know what I mean?

If anyone saw my other post "is there any chance..." We agreed to meet up when she was back at Christmas. And I really want to give it another go. I'd appreciate some tips on making it more possible. I know a lot can change in that time and we both agreed on that but if nothing happens and we're both single then who knows?...

Basically how long should I leave it if she doesn't text me?

Thanks!

If she really is moving on, then trying to get back with her will just hurt her more, and put her in a awkward situation. When freshers week is over, text her or even call her, calling would probably be best. And just talk, maybe as just friends, or try to get her to open up to you and see if she really wants to start something again with you

She actually text me tonight! Nice and friendly back and forth texts, I'm not reading too much into it tho... But at least she's still thinking about me. We both left it for me to get back to her regarding plans I've made this weekend, she said she would like to know how they go.

Update: Maybe I'm reading into this a bit too much but it seems like better news to me...

I text her tonight. I know I shouldn't have but I really could help it! We just talked about our day and stuff. And I just said "hope you don't mind us keeping in contact like this, i know you wanted your space and i don't want to over do it, also i don't want it to be one sided"

She replied, "no I don't mind we're just keeping in touch, nothing wrong with that if your happy with it? "

All the texts were friendly and there doesn't seem too be much difference in the tone of them than when we were going out. Just gets me wondering what she really thinks??? But also I've got to remember that its good doing all this to work on a friendly relationship for when she is back but, she could also meet someone any time.

I'm going to wait this time for her to contact me then i'll have a better idea of how she feels I guess. I think no contact is good sometimes but also keeping in touch shows that you still care...

What are everyone's views on this?