+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So i went to korea and met this girl....HELP I'm SMITTEN!! [long post]

So i went to korea and met this girl....HELP I'm SMITTEN!! [long post]

So this is quite a long and specific set of circumstances and i have multiple problems, i wanted to post this in the ask a girl section but i didn't want to restrict it to the ladies.

I need lots of advice, please help! btw this was copy and pasted from another place where i asked for some help:

Hey, So i went out to my motherland this past winter break (s korea), i met a girl there…

i only went out with her once because my trip was awkward, had a good time tho, and i still have a crush on her and i can’t stop thinking about her… so I got her info: cellphone, email…how do i keep her interested while not seeming desperate? I emailed her once when i came back home and she replied, but i have no idea were to take it from here. btw i came back to the states exactly a month ago, and i haven’t spoken to her since then. Also she knows english but not that well, Koreans her main language. I was born in the US and i speak korean pretty well but can’t, write it well at all. so language and also a slight culture barrier is somewhat of a problem. I am probably most likely going back to korea this summer. should i even try to keep in contact with her between now and then, so i can pursue her? or just forget about her?

R.A.M wrote: 
First, how well do you think you know her?
Then, what do you think would be your long term plans with respect to her?
How does interacting with her feel?
I am sure you are weighing the positive and negatives…
Once you decide you act!
Ill just throw in a line though… If you tried… atleast you tried… but if you odnt try, you’ll always regret not trying!

I mean i know her pretty well, It was actually my aunt who introduced us, and i met her parents and all that jazz. Act sat down with her mom and her and had coffee, before i went out…sooo korean style, **** like that barely ever happens in the first date in the us, lol but neway learned a good amount about her. and i actually know her stepdad pretty well too. They definitely like me nd r down with me dating their daughter.

Long term plans? i mean im in my junior year at college, shes going to start her first year of college in the spring. I definitely plan on moving to korea for a bit after school, if i can get a job. but idk, if this will even last that long.

i just wish my original trip had been longer so i could have gone out with her more and and get to know her better. she had just gotten back from a trip herself, the night we went out and the next day was my flight back to the US. so i know alot about her i just didn’t put in enough time actually spending time with her.

should i email or call her and keep trying to maintain contact and interest? I could tell from her last email she definitely has some trouble writing and reading the english i just don’t know what i should b doing… this is a very strange situation that i have never found myself in…
    Last edited by whattodo12; 18-02-10 at 11:57 AM.

You're both doing the university thing and there is a slight language barrier, not to discourage you.

There is also a huge distance between you.

Don't sacrifice your future or hers because of lust.

If the feelings are strong, you'll be able to hook up after school.

In the meantime, study, and keep casual contact once in awhile.

Hey man, I experienced that EXACT route 17 years ago when I was your age. I went back to my motherland (China). I too am completely Americanized, and met a girl there (introduced by an uncle). I met her dad the same day, and I went out with her a few times during that month-long trip.
    We remained penpals for the next 3 years. No emails back then in China, so it was postal mail all the way. I started dating a girl in my school, so I decided not to maintain contact with my penpal. She was heartbroken. Then one summer I went back to china and reconnected with her, and actually slept with her.
    I came back to the US, and she found out about my college girlfriend. Big mess. Fast forward 2 years, we reconnected again, and I invited her to the US. We dated 3 weeks, and got married. Fast forward 12 years and 2 kids later, we divorced. Fundamentally we were too different, and we really didn't have the strong foundation needed to maintain a marriage. The cultural difference played a huge part.