+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money issues.....

Money issues.....

One of the reasons I dumped my girl is because of money issues. I would have to pay for everything and I felt USED... I think a relationship should consist of the couple paying for things like 50/50 (like I buy her something, and then she buys me something.) But it wasn't this way with her.

Does anyone else feel this way, I hope you guys out there aren't letting your girls take adavanage of your money...I certainly felt b!tch whipped, and i put that to an end
    20 M

HEY!!!
    I dont let my girl pay for anything, even if she wants too!
    Be a guy dude, its a guys job to pay for everything.

When you get into marriage, thats a diff story tho....

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by COAD
    HEY!!!

That's what's up man.. I'm the same way - I always use to pay for everything with my woman, just cause I feel it's my duty to be her provider.. but for sure you have to be careful with that, it's pretty obvious when that's all they usin you for.

Should be equal. Although I hardly ever let my b/f pay for anything as I don't want him to think i'm a sponger/user, I can pay for myself. God I hate girls who let guys pay for everything and make them buy stuff for them.

I don't know about the 50/50 thing. I am a traditionalist, and I guess I kind of feel like whoever asks is the one who pays, and I would NEVER consider seeing someone who is "keeping track" of who spent how much. Do what you can comfortably afford to do with a generous heart. She should do what she can to reciprocate your gestures (and I don't mean sex) so that you feel appreciated.

My bf insists on paying for everything. I always try to pitch in, but he never lets me. So I make it a point to buy him really good gifts on special occassions to make up for it.

I'm used to always paying my way, so its really weird for me that he likes to pay for everything when we go out.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    Quote Originally Posted by COAD
    HEY!!!

I Completely Agree. On our first date my GF tried this whole womans right activist thing. I used it to my advantage to...

-DarkDwarf
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by TanItalian
    Does anyone else feel this way
    No.

If it's true love then money shouldn't be an issue. The greatest moments in a relationship or in life in generally arn't worth a penny, although there is a price to pay for everything, just not in actual curreny.

Quote Originally Posted by Converse
    Should be equal. Although I hardly ever let my b/f pay for anything as I don't want him to think i'm a sponger/user, I can pay for myself. God I hate girls who let guys pay for everything and make them buy stuff for them.

thank you, i couldn't of said it better
    20 M

Some people "give" because it gives them pleasure. It is called generosity. I myself ENJOY giving to people I deem worthy (although this is obviously not everyone). Why would you deny someone you care about the pleasure they get from giving to you? You can certainly reciprocate on occassion.

Jeez! The world is becoming so jaded! Not everyone has ill intentions or ulterior motives! There really ARE some very kind, thoughtful and generous people in the world!

girlfriends are expensive.

i'm thinking in tanitalian's case that it wasn't a matter of him paying for everything and her taking advantage. i'm guessing it's probably (like shh said) she wasn't worthy enough for him to enjoy it. no?

my boyfriend and i pay for things and nobody keeps track of who pays for what. if i have some extra money i'll pay for dinner or whatever and if he has it he pays. sometimes he enjoys paying sometimes i do. he's probably spent waaaay more money on me than i have on him but he doesn't seem to mind one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    girlfriends are expensive.

i'm thinking in tanitalian's case that it wasn't a matter of him paying for everything and her taking advantage. i'm guessing it's probably (like shh said) she wasn't worthy enough for him to enjoy it. no?

my boyfriend and i pay for things and nobody keeps track of who pays for what. if i have some extra money i'll pay for dinner or whatever and if he has it he pays. sometimes he enjoys paying sometimes i do. he's probably spent waaaay more money on me than i have on him but he doesn't seem to mind one bit.
    Thats what I think it should be like but I am poor.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nevermind the 50/50 or the traditional ways of the males being the breadwinners, today we are in a new millennium. i think what it comes down to is how much a person should give and take. i'm always willing to pay for a girl, however is she is only there to take advantage then i'd slap that b*tch. if i see that she appreciates my generousity, then i don't mind giving in more.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I guess I need to love them before i pay for alot of things, there was only 1 g/f i had who i did...
    20 M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast