+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sudden Need To Lie

Sudden Need To Lie

So lately I've found a need to lie, whether it be big or small. It isnt in my nature to do so, and I usually am not this way. But lately I've noticed that I've lied alot to few people. It somewhat feels uncontrollable, and I know it sounds ridiculous, but I just feel the need to actually lie to the ones I love. Only two people I have lied to lately, which is my ex and the guy I mentioned before. So I was called out on being a liar today by my ex and only now I really realize how much I'm doing it, and it really worries me. Gosh, I know this may sound ridiculous....but I hope to get some form of an explanation as to why I have a sudden need to lie to people. Have any of you guys felt this way before?
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

i understand lying as a way to avoid punishment or judgement. however it usually discredits you greatly if a lie is discovered.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

Quote Originally Posted by Indignant View Post
    i understand lying as a way to avoid punishment or judgement. however it usually discredits you greatly if a lie is discovered.
    That just may be it. I lie when I know the truth will hurt the person and make the person act differently towards me. Now I am not trusted and honestly it's understandable. I just dont want to become a habitual liar, it's just not me. It's not like me to be a liar. I mean jeez I frikken tell the truth on a damn job application. So now I'm sick to my stomach, just came from vomiting and I dont feel any better. My ex was online putting up stupid ass screennames acting really immature. He said he wasnt mad at me, but yet I'm the liar. He has lied to me before, but I never called him out on it. What pisses me off is how he found out. He went in MY personal shit. He dipped into my privacy. This is happening a whole lot with this guy and I am super pissed about it. He said he knew he was wrong, but I doubt he will ever stop. Even if I change my password he is bound to find it out again cuz he is a ****ing hacker. I'm so pissed about it now that Im thinking about it.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

Quote Originally Posted by LadieNisha4u2nv View Post
    Even if I change my password he is bound to find it out again cuz he is a ****ing hacker. I'm so pissed about it now that Im thinking about it.
    one if the ways for him to get your password is if he has a keylogger on your computer, he may be phishing as well. do a scan for a keylogger. reinstall your windows. don't ever confirm your password when an e-mail asks you for it. make a difficult password such as replacing letters with symbols. for example anisha - @ni$h@, if he is guessing good luck to him guessing that shit.
    Last edited by Indignant; 20-01-09 at 12:49 AM.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

I think people lie out of fear mostly. You're almost always hiding something when you lie.

If it's a matter of protecting your personal information that someone shouldn't have access to, Ladie, then I think it's ok to lie. Or you could just tell your ex, "that's none of your business."
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Nip that shit in the bud, ladie. It's bad for your soul.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Truth is often fluid and contextual.

I've lied by omission to avoid hurting someone's feelings. There isn't always a percentage in being honest.

Brut honesty is often just as immature as lying, IMO. Whats important are the motives for doing so. Either one: honesty or lying.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I know Giga ....I have to stop....I just wish I knew why I suddenly feel the need to do so when I used to tell the truth. I guess its cuz of the situation I got myself into.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Truth is often fluid and contextual.

I've lied by omission to avoid hurting someone's feelings. There isn't always a percentage in being honest.

Brut honesty is often just as immature as lying, IMO. Whats important are the motives for doing so. Either one: honesty or lying.
    i am usually the brutally honest one. when i meet people i do warn them of that.

for example anisha - @ni@
    If he is actually a hacker, then he already knows to try such variants anyway. Best to find words that do not associate with your everyday life (or popular parts of your past) to use if you must base your password around an actual word.

Generally it is better to make up a gibberish word you can remember, then replace characters as needed. Also add in numbers and capital letters (if the site lets you do so obviously).

Keyloggers are notoriously hard to spot if implemented properly. Some of the newer ones tend to morph and self-encrypt at boot. They can be a REAL bitch to remove short of wiping your system and re-installing everything.

Though more often than not people just forget to log out of an account after accessing it. If the cookie is still valid, many sites will not re-prompt you for authorization. Ala GMAIL.com which is horrible about this...

Mostly it depends how paranoid you want to be, but best thing you can do is simply lock your computer to make it difficult for them to access it.

-Lite: Who may or may not work in the IT security industry including several years for a very large financial company. And no, he won't fix your computer.
    Last edited by Lite; 20-01-09 at 09:35 AM.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

i am usually the brutally honest one. when i meet people i do warn them of that.
    Most of the time brutal honest tends to be more brutal than necessary. Sometimes you just need to bludgeon the everliving crap out of someone w/ it.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If by brutally honest you mean = don't put much thought in what you say, then yes, I would agree.

Some people lie to protect the feelings of others. Some lie for privacy. Some lie to avoid being judged. Some lie to impress (possibly low esteem). Some lie for no reasons other than enjoyment (pathological possibly).

When you lie, ask yourself why do you do it.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Lite View Post
    If he is actually a hacker, then he already knows to try such variants anyway. Best to find words that do not associate with your everyday life (or popular parts of your past) to use if you must base your password around an actual word.
    brute forces will not be able to do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    It's not the lie that's wrong. What's wrong is the need to lie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast