+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To call or not to call?

To call or not to call?

In a nutshell, there was somebody I was interested in (he also showed signs that he was also interested) a while back (almost 6 months) at the gym where I work out. I have not seen him for that period as he had left the gym (I did not know he was going to leave), so I thought that was that. The very last time I saw him I was leaving the gym and he was ahead of me on the escalator, he kept on looking back at me when I was going down. Then he stopped for a while at the bottom until I was almost down, and then he suddenly walked off. I got the impression that he wanted to approach but then chickened out.

Recently, I happen to find out his phone no. from a friend who worked out with him briefly for a few sessions (he's a trainer).

Should I call him, and what should I say? I could pretend to be interested in a training session and ask where he works now? The only thing I'm scared of is that if he doesn't train anymore then it'll be hard to find out where he works unless I come completely clean and tell him who I am (dunno if he remembers me, though I think he does. We have never spoken, just played a lot of eye tennis). I was thinking in that case, I would just ask him straight out.

But I just wanna know, is this *really* weird?? What would you do if you were me? We were pratically strangers before, and it has been a while.

Does anyone have any ideas for me on what to say etc. Somehow I feel that I only have one shot at this and if I don't get it right then I'd look like a stalker if I have to call him again and change my story...Guys, would you get freaked out if some stranger from like half a year ago calls suddenly to ask you out? Aarrghh! I need to know what the best form of action is.

Thnx in advance for any ideas!!

i think your best bet is to call him up and say that you were looking for a trainer and got the number from the gym...or something like that. and ask him if he's available for instruction or what gym he's working out of. and hopefully he's still doing personal training. you'll have to come up with some cover story though...cuz he may inquire why you're not using the personal trainers at the gym you currently attend. think of something...cuz i'm tapped out on that.

thing is...if he's not doing personal training or can't fit you in, well then you can either say, "oh, ok. i'm sorry to have bothered you. is there someone you might recommend?" you know, just keep playing the part. OR you could go for broke and just fess up right there, say who you are, how you got the number and say you wanted to meet him for coffee or whatever. it's cRaZy...but shoot, at that point, you'd have NOTHING to lose! i'd start spewing truth at that point...

or you could start with the truth. tell him you got his number cuz you thought he was cute...and was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime.

i cant really say which route has a higher probability of success...it really depends on the guy. chances are, he'd probably be flattered and receptive to an attractive woman seeking him out like that. but there's also a probability that he'd be put off by that as slightly stalkerish behavior. totally depends on the guy...

i say flip a coin...and go for it...

i think you should just come out and tell him you remembered him from your gym, one of your friends had trained with him and given you his number and you would like to meet up sometime....

i personally wouldn't think that was stalkerish

if i was you i'd try to hope to get an answering machine and leave a msg because after 6 months it may take him a few flashbacks to remember who exactly you are

Quote Originally Posted by Tired
    i think you should just come out and tell him you remembered him from your gym, one of your friends had trained with him and given you his number and you would like to meet up sometime....

i personally wouldn't think that was stalkerish

if i was you i'd try to hope to get an answering machine and leave a msg because after 6 months it may take him a few flashbacks to remember who exactly you are
    6 months is a LONG time to still be interested in a guy you've never spoken to...if it were me, i wouldn't even remember her if she called...and if did recall some foggy notion of her, i'd politely decline. i mean...getting a call from someone i've never spoken to 6 months after the last time i've glanced their way and made eye contact? come on...

Pay attention here Men.

Do you see what is going on here?

The lengths women will go, the plotting, planning etc.

And all we have to do is walk up, open your mouth and ask them out.

We really do have it easy.
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Bluevetteracer- OMG!! I BOW DOWN TO YOUR ULTIMATE AND ALMIGHTY WISDOM. SCREW THAT TRAINER GUY, YOU ARE NOW MY GOD!!! SHOULD I CLEAN THE TOILET OR COOK DINNER FIRST??

hahahaha, yea guys, (as an aside) i have read soooo many posts like mine (yea sorry for our whiney little problems), but i really do believe that msot of these would be gone, if guys would just go for it (im not sexist or anythin, but you must admit, that there IS a stigma with a girl approaching a guy...)

Thnx for all the responses

funsounds- i, myself, admit that the six months thing is very weird, but i am also doing something which takes up the vast majority of my free time. afterall, your brain would hold on to the next best thing you've ever had, do you not?

Tone Guest
    Yeah I think it's fine that you say you're lookin for a trainer. Would be a good way to get to know each other, too... you can see what he's all about.

And then act suprise when you see him.. it will be a "cute" moment like "Hey... didn't we use to work out at the same gym??"

[QUOTE=doll69]Bluevetteracer- OMG!! I BOW DOWN TO YOUR ULTIMATE AND ALMIGHTY WISDOM. SCREW THAT TRAINER GUY, YOU ARE NOW MY GOD!!! SHOULD I CLEAN THE TOILET OR COOK DINNER FIRST??

Cook first then clean the toilet.

That way I can have some humor for dinner, helps with digestion.
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Thnx guys! I've called him already, it turns out he doens't train anymore, BUT (here's the good part), he knows my name, and even whereabouts i live!! apparently, he remembers both me and my friend. I called him and he was busy, then he called me back (TWICE! Me busy first time), cos I was busy first time. I've told ppl about this and they said it looks good. Like how he still remembers me, and bothered to chat (even though he knows he's not gonna make any money out of it). He offered to set me up a training session w/ his friend. I'm thinking I should go for it (just like a trial session or somethin, I doubt I'm gonna commit to anything long term), it'll be good to know what I'm doin around the gym, I HAVE been there for a year haha!). He's VERY friendly and easy to converse with. This guy I told was suprised we managed to have such a long convo (ok it wasn't THAT long- but he said it was long enough to be unusual) between two ppl who've never even spoken before. He told me that he works in a salon now. So now I have three options:

A) Go with the training session (i'm plannin to do this if it's not too expensive)- milk that guy for more info
    B) Chat more on the phone and then ask him out on the phone
    C) Call him again for location of salon, go there, and ask him out in person

Which is best? Thnx a million!
    Last edited by doll69; 13-01-06 at 12:11 AM.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by doll69
    BUT (here's the good part), he knows my name, and even whereabouts i live!!
    Uh.. stalker!

Quote Originally Posted by doll69
    He told me that he works in a salon now.
    Sure this guy isn't gay?? (not that there is anything wrong with it)

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Sure this guy isn't gay?? (not that there is anything wrong with it)
    Interesting.

All I got from that was that that you're a girl and you workout. Are you hot? Any Pics? (for Tone of course).
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Tone Guest
    She sounds hot.

I bet she's hot.

I bet she's really hot.

You can date me, doll69.

doll69 - interesting choice in screen name.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    doll69 - interesting choice in screen name.
    I wasn't going to go there.......

Maybe she was born in 1969? In which case she'd be old as dirt, right vashti?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes - she is just about as old as YOU, right Lloyd?

Hey barbie doll - I remember reading once that personal trainers lie more on the average than anyone from any other profession. Something to keep in mind...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

LOL!! hehe gotta luv you guys, sure got an imagination

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast