+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pregnency Worries...

Pregnency Worries...

Alright so I (male) just had intercourse with my girlfriend for the first time a few days ago and some incidents occured that have both of us a bit worried. I was a virgin and she was not so I'm a bit more in the dark than she.

First off, we broke the condom and didn't realize till later. I did not finish, but she did. As a precaution we decided she should go to the local clinic and get a morning-after pill (she is not on any pill plan otherwise), they say they are good for 72 hours afterwards.

Earlier in the month (2-3 weeks) we had been participating in some heavy petting and I did ejaculate slightly on and near her vagina. We got a morning-after pill at that time too, just in case.

The nurse at the clinic has heightened our fears by telling us that my girlfriend should have had her period by now (or else very soon), which she hasn't.

I am freaking out...

I know I never finished inside her, we used condoms (so there was some spermacide), and she took a morning-after pill well within 72 hours after each of the two incidents, but i'm still really worried...

you sound like you are not ready to be having sex. I hope you learn from this experience.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in Hell she's pregnant.

You two sound like you're really concerned about this (good!), so you ought to be using a backup method. Condoms + something else, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeminole
    you sound like you are not ready to be having sex. I hope you learn from this experience.
    umm... thanks for that, yeah...

And no, I didn't feel ready and I still don't even though i'll be 20 in 2 months, but I made the mistake of allowing the pressure to get to me (cause she was DAMN ready).

We've talked about it though and we're not going to allow pressure like that to effect our decisions anymore.

You say you aren't ready but at least you have been sensible and used protection and then done something when that hasn't worked for you. Also if your gf is stressed about the fact that she may be pregnant, this can effect her hormones and make her period late. Hope everything works out ok for you.

good luck mate....if she pregnant your gona be a daddy..

good luck mate....if she pregnant your gona be a daddy..

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she was so insistant on having sex....then she should know better then to just rely on a condom! Im sorry but thats what the pill is for as well... So that IF the condom breaks.....then you both are using a backup method. Tell her to get on the pill or something.....
    I have used both, and never had a problem....

She sounds stressed out, and that can effect your period. She also sounds like she abuses that 72 hr backup method! I mean its one thing if the condom broke.....but another if you cum on her vagina! Honestly I doubt anything will happen from that.... But next time aim for her stomach or something!!! Why risk it?
    Becuz you can be sure that she will be collecting from you if you become a daddy....whether or not you want to be with her still....
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Varulfr
    umm... thanks for that, yeah...
    Don't be a smartass, the guy is right. If you can't handle the possible consequences don't be a dickhead.

So twice in one month you've had something to be concerned about and she took a morning after pill each time. Those work really well and her chances of being pregnant after that are very very slim.
    BUT, for her health, you need to use better birth control. Taking the "Plan B" often is not good for you. it's a very large dose of hormones, like someone else pointed out it can mess up your cycle as well, although I think women usually begin to bleed within a day or two of taking the morning after pill.
    Its good to use condoms but would be best if you also used birth control pills, or spermicidal foam, film, or gel as well in case condoms break. What's concerning is just that she doesn't need to be dosing herself with the morning after pill so often. Don't believe me, the nurse at the clinic will give her a good talking to if she continues to do that.

Teezy Guest
    Trojan Magnums.

1. Your girlfriend need to be on birthcontrol pills.

2. Chances are very slim that she's pregnant.

3. Are you going to go and get a morning after pill everytime you fool around?

4. Periods can be late for a number of reasons like stress or maybe shes not regular.

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah that morning after pill can really make you sick......and also can mess up your cycle....etc...

Why go thru that EVERY time. Plus its something they prefer you NOT to abuse..

The BC pill is alot better....and if she tries a few different ones...she will find one that works for her. (I had to try a few before I found one that didn't make me sick!)

But then don't make the mistake of JUST relying on that.. My friends have kids even though they were on the pill.. But if you wear a condom as well......Chances of getting preg are ALOT lower....
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....