+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Pls help! I need to know if my Love will come back to me!!!

Pls help! I need to know if my Love will come back to me!!!

I was in a relationship for 5yrs and 6months, before we decided to take a break. Actually he wanted to. We never lived together. I did notice him taking me for granted, not respecting me as much as he use to but I didn't mentioned it, let alone wanted to end our relationship. He noticed his actions, and told me he needed time to get his life together before he could marry me. We did always talk about "when we get married", we never said "if we get married". He told me he needed to know he can take care of himself before he could take care of me. I understood all that because I've always paid the bills, told him he need to pay his rent, ect ect.
    Its been a month now, but during this month was the holidays, and my birthday. We spend xmas together, my birthday was a trip to Vegas, that he paid for but didn't go because it was a girls trip. We spend New Years together.
    A lot of time during the "break" we did still have sex, we still talked on the phone and say I love you like we've always have. He has also told me numerous times that this will only make us stronger . Also, a lot of the times, I've had break downs were didn't eat, didn't go out with my friends. Called him crying, and feeling like I was begging for us to be together again. I've told him that I don't feel whole, that I feel like I'm missing my partner. He tells me he feels the same, but still needs time, telling me he can't just change over night.

I need advice out side of my friends, I love him, I know he's the one I want to marry.
    I'm 24, he is also 24.
    I know we are still young, but he is the first I think about when I wake up and the last thing I think about before I fall to sleep.
    I want to know if anyone has been in my position, or do you guys thing we will get back together or any comments? Pls , I feel like another break down coming! Ugh!

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    didn't read the post, but if you send this message to 10 people, your love will come back to you on Friday 13th at midnight.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Okay, first of all, a break doesn't involve spending the holidays together and having sex. A break usually means he wants to **** someone else. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but that is generally the trend.

Do you have any indication that he's been with someone else?
    Spammer Spanker

I'm confused. Where is the "break" in you guy's break? Sounds like you're still pretty much together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Okay, first of all, a break doesn't involve spending the holidays together and having sex. A break usually means he wants to **** someone else. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but that is generally the trend.

Do you have any indication that he's been with someone else?

I have to agree. Sounds like he's still has his cake and eating it too but has the option of not being in a relationship to possibly hook up with no guilt on his part.

It sucks though and I know its hard but keep yourself busy, go out with your friends. You may meet a guy who wants to claim you as his and love to be with you, if not don't let him be your puppet master where he gets to pull all the strings.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

Well its one thing if he's seeing other people, but if you guys are just spending an extended amount of time apart to "get your shyte together" thats totally different. My gf and I recently decided to take a similar break to what you guys are doing. Although we arent spending much time together now, I do have plans of coming to visit her and spend some days with her in the future, but right now I need to finish school and pull my life together and in the end I do believe it will help our relationship. She also has some things she needs to take care of in her life. The key point is, we agreed not to see other people. I KNOW I want her and she KNOWS she wants me there is just tooo much going on in our own lifes right now to be able to maintain a decent relationship. Did you two agree not to see other people or is it just open now? If its open, then yeah, I agree with Queen.

I used to bad mouth the shit out of breaks, but I think if I had the chance for one it would have been the best thing to happen for me in the relationship. However having her on the same page of that would have been a 1 and a million shot. Breaks are time spent apart not doing relationship stuff to focus on other things and figure out how you feel about the other person when they are out of your life. I think the break you guys have is just another level of manipulation by him and he probably won't stop unless you do something.

I noticed you said you don't care and haven't mentioned that his manipulation of you is becoming more apparent. You definately should and you definately need to let him know that it's bothering you and it's not okay. Relationships aren't about one person running both lives, it's about bringing two lives together as one and as equal halves. He might not even know he's doing it. It's amazing of how ignorant we can be to what relationships are truly about. Tolerance of things that shouldn't be tolerated have destroyed countless relationships. Get your self worth, backbone and independance back.
    Waking up next to a beautiful girl,
    Step outside and say hello to my beautiful world.