+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: she "kind of has a boyfriend"

she "kind of has a boyfriend"

I am absolutely crazy about this girl. I cant stop thinking about her and I lose sleep over her every night. I told her about 5 months ago that I liked her, but i was not totally straight forward about how strongly I felt for her. I Then found out she had a boyfriend.... I thought they broke up about 3 months ago. About a week ago I talked to her and she was talking about how her roommates were best friends with the guy she USED to date. I know she was talking about the same boyfriend. Tonight I just told her exactly how I felt.... She had a big smile on her face the whole time I talked, and so did I..... But then, something happens that is all to typical in my world. She told me....

"Thank you, but I still kind of have a boyfriend, and I still have my obligations to him"

Can someone please tell me what the hell it means to kind of have a boyfriend?

I have not had any long term relationships, is three months after a breakup to soon for most people to start a new relationship?

Could they be taking a break from each other or something?

I am really confused, and really crazy about this girl. I am an extremely patient person and I think this girl is one of those that is worth waiting for..... I would do anything for her.

BTW

I am 22, she is turning 21 in a week, and i think he is like 25 or 26. Also, he lives about an hour away from her. And I think they only see each other on the weekends most of the time.

I go to school with her and work very closely with her.

can some people give me their thoughts on this. Ladies.. I would really like to hear from you.

she kind of has a boyfriend

I am absolutely crazy about this girl. I cant stop thinking about her and I lose sleep over her every night. I told her about 5 months ago that I liked her, but i was not totally straight forward about how strongly I felt for her. I Then found out she had a boyfriend.... I thought they broke up about 3 months ago. About a week ago I talked to her and she was talking about how her roommates were best friends with the guy she USED to date. I know she was talking about the same boyfriend. Tonight I just told her exactly how I felt.... She had a big smile on her face the whole time I talked, and so did I..... But then, something happens that is all to typical in my world. She told me....

"Thank you, but I still kind of have a boyfriend, and I still have my obligations to him"

I have not had any long term relationships, is three months after a breakup to soon for most people to start a new relationship?

Could they be taking a break from each other or something?

I am really confused, and really crazy about this girl. I am an extremely patient person and I think this girl is one of those that is worth waiting for..... I would do anything for her.

BTW

I am 22, she is turning 21 in a week, and i think he is like 25 or 26. Also, he lives about an hour away from her. And I think they only see each other on the weekends most of the time.

I go to school with her and work very closely with her.

can some people give me their thoughts on this. Ladies.. I would really like to hear from you.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think what she meant was that she is unavailable to date you. If you see her on a regular basis, you should casually let her know that when she dumps her boyfriend, you'd like to take her out.

But you shouldn't wait around.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

how would I go about doing that casually?

like make a joke of it?

why would she talk about her boyfriend in a way that makes it sound like she is not dating him?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know why she does what she does. Follow my previous advice at a time when you are having a really good, preferably flirty conversation with her, and when you do it, be lighthearted about it. Don't be overly-serious, or you will freak her out.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thanks for the advice.

I will do that.

Should I be straightforward though? like when I mention it should it be something like

"yea, someday maybe I can take you out dancing"

or more like, "maybe someday when you not dating anyone I can take you out for a night of dinner and dancing." ?

Quote Originally Posted by ridiculous View Post

It means they are still not over yet and she still has commitment to him.

Sounds like you are out luck on this one.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Women devote themself to a relationship. It is stupid and borderline insane/crazy. If you like someone else better **** the person you are with, excuse yourself nicely out of the relationship so no cheating is involved and do yourself a favor by going with the person you like most. Moving UP is usually a BETTER idea.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    Women devote themself to a relationship. It is stupid and borderline insane/crazy. If you like someone else better **** the person you are with, excuse yourself nicely out of the relationship so no cheating is involved and do yourself a favor by going with the person you like most. Moving UP is usually a BETTER idea.
    The issue I have with this theory is that there will always be someone out there better than the person you're with. But you shouldn't WANT to move on if the person you're with fits everything you look for and there's no issues.

I immediately lose interest in a woman that says that she bounces from guy to guy because the other one was better.
    I don't chase, I replace.

see the shitty part is that this girl is absolutely amazing......

drop dead gorgeous and an amazing personality.

I ****ing hate how much I want her.

She will be mine.... Oh yes, she will be mine....

i am afraid that this girl may not like you or like her current boyfriend more than you....

I think you should let her go...

I bet you'll feel pretty damn awesome if you're able to steal her from her current bf, right?

And then you'll feel equally as shitty when she drops you and moves on to the next guy because he's better.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Move on. She's taken.

even if you could get her........once a cheater always a cheater,she would drop you just as fast when the next best thing comes along....

if I were you I'd watch for a while,she knows how you feel,if she wants you and she breaks up with her bf (on her own!) she MAY really be yours.

BUT the "I kind of have a BF" Line is a classic "your nice but I dont want you" in chic talk. So don't get your hopes up. Try to be her friend first and maybe she will work up to letting you in her life.
    If I've helped you plz hit thanks----> : )
    ""In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps""

[URL="http://www.myspace.com/silverracerkh"]http://www.myspace.com/silverracerkh[/URL] <---- ADD ME : )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast