+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I worrying too much?

Am I worrying too much?

I have been dating my boyfriend for 5 months and I honestly believe that I am in love with him. However, lately things have been tough for us. We both work and go to school and havent spent as much time together. Also, I don't trust him completely. If he goes out with his friends, I am constantly worrying about him cheating on me. He hasn't opened up about his feelings for me yet, so I have no idea what he is thinking. I am afraid to ask because I dont want to run him off or make him feel pressured into feelings that he hasnt yet developed, but I am driving myself crazy with all of this worrying. Any advice??

Yes. Get clear with yourself on what you're afraid of losing, then resolve it. That fear is driving your apprehensions.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i think that you're worrying way too much. you might run alone the lines of a possessive gf if you can't even trust your bf when he's with his boys. of course he will look at other women and desire them, it's only human nature. HOWEVER, he is will you because there is something that keeps him there. if you can't get that through your head, then maybe either he's not the guy for you, or you're too up tight.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Insecurity is very common with young girls, which I assume you are. We are usually insecure when we don't have a lot of self-confidence. You gain self-confidence by setting goals (not ones that are related to him) and making real progress towards achieving them. Get excited about another area of your life, preferably something academic so you can have short-term goals (getting through your class load with decent grades) and long-term goals (career goal). This will boost your self-confidence, and things with him won't look so desperate.

The trust issues are not random. Before we started dating, he was what some peple would call a "player". He still has girls calling his phone all the time and will openly admit to dancing with girls at clubs when he goes out with his friends. Thats why I don't believe I can trust him 100%.

That doesn't sound too good at all. I know a guy who's exactly like that and his g/f has a lot of trust issues. I don't blame her simply because i've seen the guy and what he does with other girls while he's away from her. Not much you can do about it, date guys who aren't player types.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I agree with all of the posts above.
    "Ogres are like onions."

lilwing89 Guest
    i think, if you are worrying yourself about how much you are worrying, there is too much worrying taking place

rach hunny how old are u?
    MAKE RIGHT LIVING GROW
    mUah
    ~Elvira

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i feel in general that people worry way too much.

raverboy

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    i feel in general that people worry way too much.
    ::singing::

"and I'm so worried about... the baggage retrieval..system they've got at Heathrow.."

Sorry. Couldn't resist!

Hrm, I think you should worry to an extent.. if he's not being completely honest about how he feels about you then i'd be worrying too. However if you aren't exclusive, technically you don't really have a right to worry, but if you want to know how he feels, ask. You don't have to make it a big deal, just ask, get the answer and leave it at that, if it's not what you want to hear, you know what to do.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    indigo...i have no idea where that came from.. sorry buddy.

raverboy

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    indigo...i have no idea where that came from.. sorry buddy.
    You're probably too young... British humour. Monty Python. Farcical satire that is usually in extremely bad taste. Hilarious.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    monty python huh?? i remember that, i seen it when i was in the 5th or 6th grade. "i futt in your general direction"

raverboy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast