+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My overly sensative friend/ex.

My overly sensative friend/ex.

I had a girlfriend about 3 years ago. We had a decent relationship but definetly not ,"love of my life material." After I broke up with her I felt guilty. Like I was leaving her behind.I had this thing where I felt like I had to help her to pay back my debt for hurting her.

After we boke up she was still kind of obsessed with me and it creeped me out. However having been on her end of the deal before I tried to treat her better than how I had been treated in her shoes.

When I found out she had a new boyfriend I was so relieved. I felt like someone had taken the burden off my back to make her happy. Then they got engaged. Even better. What's the problem? Nothing has changed. She's still calling me up always wanting to do something togather.

I know this makes me sound like a jerk but I find her boring. I can't remember the last time we had a conversation I enjoyed. Sometimes the convo. is okay and alot of the time I'm just praying that it will be over soon.

Now the cherry on top of this whole thing is this girl is EXTREMELY sensative. She once missed a performance I did because she thought I was being rude to her on the phone. I answered a question she asked me in a matter of fact monotone. I didn't even know she was upset till long after. I had to explain that I had called her right after I woke up and I was groggy and not quite up to feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed. Then a few months back I greet her at work and she growls at me that I was rude to her the day before when I was having a discussion on the elevator on her way out of my place. I got out at the floor my car was parked at and finished the point I was making to her as the door closed. Apparently I was rude for not having the last words out of my mouth be goodbye.

Then we have tonight. I was talking to her on the phone last night and my phone died after a 30+ minute phone call. I went home and charged my phone. We had agreed to see a movie at my place tonight and she isn't picking up the phone. She's no doubt pissed that I didn't call her back top tell her my phone was dead and I needed to recharge it and I want to go to bed rather than talk on the phone for another hour.

At this point I just want to block her number and delete her from facebook. I'm sick of this baby stuff. It reekes of low self esteem. I feel like I don't want to hang with her in the first place and then when I do she critisizes the manner in which I do it.

Do it. You don't need that kind of friend.

I think you like the attention you get from her. If you didn't want to hang out with her/talk to her/deal with her attitude then you wouldn't answer her phone calls/return her calls/hang out with her anymore. Especially if she "creeps" you out. Period. You could have blown her off a long time ago if it were that bad. You should have chucked the deuce 3 years ago if you really wanted to be rid of her.

Seems like you both enjoy the games to a degree.
    Last edited by QueenofCorona; 11-05-10 at 08:46 AM.
    So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell,
    blue skies from pain.
    Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?
    And did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

i agree with queen on this one. if she is a really sensitive and self-conscious girl, i would say the best thing to do would be to tell her the truth. let her know that the way she is behaving is really annoying and makes you feel uncomfortable, that the way she treats you is like you are still dating, she's engaged to someone else! why is her fiance comfortable with her being this close to you? i bet he doesn't realize it and she is lying to him about it. tell her you need your distance. if she continues to bother you, at that point i would just ignore her. sometimes people like that get stuck in their old habits and need the other person to do something drastic to snap them into reality. it sucks that you'd have to do it, but she pretty much leaves you no choice, so don't feel bad about it. you aren't dating anymore and you need your space. tell her that straight up and stick to it. don't answer her calls when she calls you. don't answer her texts. if it's about work or something make sure the conversations are short and sweet. it's time you ween her off you...