View Poll Results: Keep photos of old loves or burn/delete them forever?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep them all

7 58.33%
  • Burn the hard copies

3 25.00%
  • Delete the digital files

4 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what to do with old pictures

what to do with old pictures

What do you do with old pictures of exes/lovers/interests?

A few weeks ago - actually right before I decided to cut contact with the guy - I took down the pictures I had of him hanging on the wall (there were 2 or 3 of the two of us, in a collage) and burned them. It was sort of vaguely satisfying, I guess. One of them very conveniently burned only halfway so he's gone and only I am left -I hung that one back up because it's a cute one.

I have the same pictures printed out in a photo album of all my summer photos, and they are also saved on my computer. I feel like the symbolism of burning them is kind of lost when I have them backed up digitally. It's not a huge deal at this point, I'm not exactly mourning that lost love affair anymore, but I'm just wondering what you think is best to do with such photos.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Put them in a box in the back of your closet or in the attic if you have one. Believe me when I tell you that you won't mind looking back at them one day.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    f*ck it, burn them because if you get back together, you can always make new memories.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Some I forced myself to keep so that I can laugh at myself when I am an old man.

One of my exes, I pinned her picture to a dart board and threw darts at it. It was one of those high quality prints too lol. She actually wanted it back when we broke up, but after what she did to me, she didn't deserve it.

I only get rid of pictures I'd be uncomfortable for other people to see (especially my husband). If they're just snapshots of people, I see no reason to get rid of them. If you saw him on the street, would you pretend not to know him? Then why get rid of all pics?
    Spammer Spanker

I think keeping pictures in a box somewhere in the closet is a good idea... I always burned mine and now I'm left with nothing but bad memories...

I'd say keep them but keep them stashed away until you are comfortable looking at them again. You guys had a lot of good times together, why throw them away?

Now what should you do with those sexual pictures and videos?

I keep them. It reminds me that I dated them I agree with Giga--the naughty pictures, should they exist, should be tossed out.

jjj is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    with mine, i have 1 in a drawer in my room of an ex. and it doesn't bother me. all others have been either cut up, or thrown out when i tidied my room. and u wont find 1 pic on any computer of mine that has them in!

I'm with the get rid of them idea... No need to live in the past.

(altho, on a side note, i can kinda see why some would keep em)
    "We are all connected to each other biologically, to the earth chemically and to the rest of the universe atomically.
    That’s kinda cool! That makes me smile and I actually feel quite large at the end of that.
    It’s not that we are better than the universe, we are part of the universe. We are in the universe and the universe is in us."
    — Neil deGrasse Tyson

I'm experiencing deja vu.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. ~ Marilyn Monroe