+ Follow This Topic

Thread: which is more important

which is more important

i've decided my relationship is more important than having a dog or being involved in animal related things-rescue etc...

now im getting bashed because all my animal friends care more about animals than their relationships and people. some have lost their SO over animals. I wont do that.

i'm giving up my dogs and my dream of owning a show rottweiler. why because i love my SO more than any animal. i am focusing on my relationship and my family.

i used to put my animals before my SO which strained our relationship so this is my first step of many in fixing our relationship. I've made a list of things i need to do to fix our problems. we both have. lol

Is there a question here? lol..anyway I thnk you are making the right choice. It is great to care about things and make a difference in the world but all things in moderation. If it strains your relationships then maybe you are doing too much. Doesn't mean you don't do anything. Either scale it back or find someone as passionate as you are.

yea sorry. which is more important animals or relationship.

i'd give it all up to be with my SO. We've been together for 3 years and betweeen the birth of our son and my animal stuff, ive really pushed him away without meaning to.

Well I love animals but I would never put them before someone I cared about. As long as that person doesn't hurt my animals, if so then they are out the door.

he would never hurt animals. its just that i kept pushing him away. its hard to repair the damage that has been done.

What's wrong with having both? If you have a passion, you should be with someone that shares your passion. Why can't your SO be apart of what you love to do?

he's not an animal lover. i'd rather have him than the animals.

Well the reason why I say that is, when it comes to relationships, you need a partner that is compatible, and than means someone who shares your passions as well as you share his....if you don't have that, it won't last for the long haul no matter how much of your time you focus on them.

He doesn't like animals, so having a pet is out of the question. How does your involvement in helping animals play a role in his dislike for animals, again?

It depends on how far you let those passions effect your life. If you start putting off things with your bf/gf or dump all your money into these things then yes your bf/gf has a right to be upset. Someone can share your passion but some people go to extremes and let these things consume them and they neglect their relationships. Having someone that shares that passion would still have a problem in that case. You need to balance things, not just dump people and keep searching for someone who will fall into your life EXACTLY how you want them to. Compromise, it doesn't mean you have to give these things up, just find a balance you can both live with.

um i bring home strays. i take in unwanted dogs. Ive brought home whole litters of pups, that i have had to bottle feed, abused, neglected dogs. its just taken a toll on our relationship. ive had 49 rats at once that i rescued and 7 rabbits, 10 degus.

we have other things in common. we both think wrestle rocks lol.
    i am keeping my siamese ive had since he was 5 weeks old and my senior siamese who is 15 years old. he dont mind cats. its really dogs he doesnt like. now if it was reptiles i brought home he'd be okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riku View Post
    It depends on how far you let those passions effect your life. If you start putting off things with your bf/gf or dump all your money into these things then yes your bf/gf has a right to be upset. Someone can share your passion but some people go to extremes and let these things consume them and they neglect their relationships. Having someone that shares that passion would still have a problem in that case. You need to balance things, not just dump people and keep searching for someone who will fall into your life EXACTLY how you want them to. Compromise, it doesn't mean you have to give these things up, just find a balance you can both live with.
    i wouldnt dump him for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jayjay30 View Post
    i wouldnt dump him for anything.
    Give it twenty years.....