+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I made a mistake. What should I do?

I made a mistake. What should I do?

Hello all,

This is my first time posting here. Please help.

I've been with my boyfriend for two and a half years now. Recently, I moved out of parents' place and started grad school, so there has been a lot of changes lately. There is this guy at school who I've become close friends with. And this past weekend, we both went to a party and had a drink or two (neither of us was drunk though). Anyhow, we ended up making out that night. I don't know what I was thinking. Afterwards I felt terrible and have been avoiding my boyfriend ever since.

I talked to the guy about it, and we both agree that it basically meant nothing. Neither of us want to date each other. I've been feeling so guilty lately though about what happened, and despite how much I want to tell my boyfriend, I know I'll lose him if I do.

I don't know what to do. The guilty feeling is seriously destroying me. I can't focus at all...I can't forgive myself.

What should I do?

Difficult situation. The real question is can you forgive yourself? This is likely to chew you apart. Only thing you can do is be honest with yourself on what your motives were. If you truely believe that this had no undelying issues then forgive yourself and move on. But if something drove you to this, then this is your opening to address it.

To be honest its your bfs fault for letting you have male friends, what did he think would happen. Anyway, the damage is done now, try forget it, no good will come from telling your bf. All very "one tree hill" for my liking. fckn students...