+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas is coming..what to get?!

Christmas is coming..what to get?!

Ok as you all know Christmas is coming. I want to get my gf a present but what? She really loves reading so I thought books would be nice..but that's not good enough. What about roses? Teddy bear? Any ideas? I would appreciate it.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like books much better than teddy bears or roses, but I guess it all depends on what she likes, how old she is, and how much you want to spend.

i dunno what to get my parents , its a gift exchange , i got them ... they are so hard to please ... i only have a limit of 80 $ (canadian >>> = to about 55-65 $ american)

also my GF , she doesnt tell me anything , i do know what to buy her but i cant because of her family and the whole secret relationship , she cant come back home with lets say ../. a new necklace or a ring ... or a phone , or something like that ... her family will be like WTF ?!?!?!

im thinking to bringing her to a fancy restaurant and maybe bring her horse back riding ... in a not so cold day ... thing is , her B-day is the 1st of Jan ... so basically no xmas ( muslim) but B-day right after it .... ohh , i just realized ... boxing day ... YYAYAYAYA!!!!!

i still dunno what to get ...

Tone Guest
    Isn't the whole point to be a gift FROM YOU, not from random internet people?

If I give you some ideas, how can I be sure you'll give me the proper credit?

"OH honey I LOVE it, thank you!"

"Don't thank me, baby.. thank TONE - he's the one who told me"

YEAH RIGHT - more like "Well you know baby, I try.. I just want the best for my sugah mamma"

HA! You're on your own buddy!

lol Tone. If she enjoys reading, then get her a book.

get her a subscription to hustler or something

Tone I don't like your tone (oh the irony). Don't post anything if you don't have anything useful to say.

Quote Originally Posted by burninforyou
    Don't post anything if you don't have anything useful to say.
    Hmmm. How Ironic!

hmmm , lets see ... i GOT it ... i wont say it tho ... i wanna add up more to my surprise , so i dont want to say shiat for now because plans might change ...

Yeah..very mature. I'm switching to a different forum.

Quote Originally Posted by burninforyou
    Yeah..very mature. I'm switching to a different forum.
    OK wise guy. Relax.

How are we supposed to know what your GF likes? That should be up to you.

I'll give you some ideas

(I wish I had a girlfriend, so that I could give her something )

Some ideas:

Jewlrey
    Teddy bear (w/ the jewlrey - slip it on the teddy bear)
    A book
    Sex in the City Gift Set - all seasons - I saw it at Best Buy!
    Events - I'd go for this (let me elaborate below).

I'd get a BUNCH of 'Events' scheduled for ONE day.

I'd suprise her. Get everthing planned for a particular day.

I'd pick her up in the morning, tell her to get dressed. Tell her to pack evening clothes, some tennis shoes. A camera. Swimming stuff. And whatever else you think she may need.

In the morning, you could take her to one of those 'morning speciality breakfast' places. Eat some FRESH breakfast...a place where you can smell the fresh bread as you eat...

At this point (during the morning breakfast), you tell her you have the ENTIRE day scheduled...

...the rest I leave up to you

Or, you could blow all the money on a necklace. I think the Adventure is the way to go. Incoporate things SHE will like. For example, don't make a stop at the mall, so you can play the Xbox 360 demo game...lol

Back to the list...

Paint some roses for her - you don't have to be good at art, these types of paintings ALWAYS turn out good. And make it on a HUGE canvas! Spice it up by hanging it on the wall, while drinking some wine with her!

You could always bake her a cake!

Cut some of your hair, stick it on some paper. Laminate, and then frame it. And then give it to her.

You could take her sky diving (if that's her thing)

As you can see, the choices are ENDLESS

Just let the gift come from your heart.

Do this - sit down, and THINK HARD about your relationship with her. A gift represents YOU trying to channel this 'LOVE' into something for HER. If you do this, YOU cannot go wrong...

...Be creative. Go the extra mile. Don't just get her a book. If you must...

...then Spice it up! Do so, by writing some Poems, or stories of your own. Then, make it into a book. Include some pictures she'd enjoy. This will take time. But I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Give her something small, that perhaps she mentioned she liked a long time ago that you happened to remember - that small notion could mean more to her than anything that costs a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by xxwildchildxx
    Give her something small, that perhaps she mentioned she liked a long time ago that you happened to remember - that small notion could mean more to her than anything that costs a lot.
    As in, something 4 inches or less? LOL.

Of course, the gift doesn't have to be expensive. How much does it cost to get a painting done?

exactly RK ... thats the way to do it

ok , i want to tell you what i had planned ....starting from 5 - 6;30 till 10;15 - 10;45

- pick her up from our secret pickup spot .
    -Bring her to a nice classy japanese restaurant or any classy restaurant
    -go horse back riding if its not too cold ( if not , just go somewhere with a nice view and have some coffee or hot chocolate while holding her)
    -go ice skating on a big river with lights and things as such all over the place
    ( if its too cold , just take some more pics than expected and take a walk somewhere indoors )
    -bring her back home and make sweet love to her while putting some good music and some candles lit around the room ( she always goes to the bathroom before anything ... i mean anything ... before eating , after eating , i dunno what she does but it always takes at least 5 mins ... she says she just re adjustes herself )
    -go to a night dessert place i know of ( sort of like a classy bar with lots of tables , and they serve desserts and it also has a bar ... not for the kids )... sort of a lounge
    -bring her back home before 10;30 because its her limit ( strict secret relationship)

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    Cut some of your hair, stick it on some paper. Laminate, and then frame it. And then give it to her.

Please tell me you're kidding. The list was going great until here. I have to admit, RSK, not one of your better ideas. It would certainly be a "surprise." lol
    From one who knows everything about nothing plus much much more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast