+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goals not accomplished...

Goals not accomplished...

Well guys, i will be 25 tomorrow and instead of looking forward to that day i'm not really into it. I haven't accomplished even half of the things i wanted to and it seems like years are passing by and nothing significant is happening in my life. I just recently started my studies and won't be finished anytime soon. Relationship wise, there have been good times, although it feels like it was centuries ago. Not to mention the fact that this same routine every single day is becoming so boring...I guess i gotta change a few things. Anyways, how many of you have accomplished exactly what you wanted or are getting close to it?
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

i've accomplished nothing, but am very happy with the progress towards some future goals that i'm quite uncertain of.

plus, i met misombra. shouldn't that be everyone's goal in life?
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by artyemi
    i've accomplished nothing, but am very happy with the progress towards some future goals that i'm quite uncertain of.

plus, i met misombra. shouldn't that be everyone's goal in life?
    hahah..that's my goal too, arty...hopefully one day that'll happen
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Asip, I'm 25 too, and I still feel like I've accomplished jack.

I think we all go through these little moments where we panic a little about what we figured we've 'accomplished'. It's human nature.....
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Don't feel bad. I'm 26 and feel the same way. Up until 4 months ago, my relationship was all I had. Now I feel like I have nothing. I have a job, it pays well but doesn't inspire me. I have a college education, but still dont have enough skills to change jobs. I have a house, which is great, but what I really wanted was a home. That went out the window with the Ex. So yea, I know exactly what you mean. Actually, my 26th birthday is in October, and I hope to use that as a springboard to a new productive life.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

This is a quote that I heard and I've never forgotten....maybe it can shed some light on your current situation...

"If you don't like something, change it.
    If you can't change it,
    Change the way you think about it."
    Negative Ghost Rider...the pattern is full.

Ha. I can trump you all; I'm 35 and going thru a divorce, beautiful kids too, a house that I have a lot of equity in, that I'm just turning over to my ex, hey, it's my kids house.

My job market sucks-I blame Bush, so the money isn't as great as it used to be....ah the Clinton years.

Oh, and I'm getting fatter, losing my hair, but I'm still not as ugly as that dude on the other thread crying that he can't get a girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeblina
    This is a quote that I heard and I've never forgotten....maybe it can shed some light on your current situation...

"If you don't like something, change it.
    If you can't change it,
    Change the way you think about it."
    That quote is a freaking great quote. There are so many times when I could have used that on people I've known! Got to write that one down.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    That quote is a freaking great quote. There are so many times when I could have used that on people I've known! Got to write that one down.
    Yeah....they told me that on my first day of drug treatment....it's stuck with me ever since.....it's a good one to always have in the back of your mind....I find it's very empowering
    Negative Ghost Rider...the pattern is full.

oooooooh tabs and jeblina are gonna meet one day and fall in love and have 10 children.

asip, life is a journey, not a destination. don't be unhappy. listen to lloyd and all the others who are older than you. we've been through it. you'll get there. YOU ARE YOUNG! life is just beginning for you, don't give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    how many of you have accomplished exactly what you wanted or are getting close to it?
    HAHA yea right. I am 22 and my accomplishment equal that of a 2 year old...but I am not suprised at myself after seeing how this retarded culture and society runs. I have accomplished intellectually what I wanted...offcourse I have no slip of paper to prove anything so its of no use in this society.

Quote Originally Posted by TAVS
    Don't feel bad. I'm 26 and feel the same way. Up until 4 months ago, my relationship was all I had. Now I feel like I have nothing. I have a job, it pays well but doesn't inspire me. I have a college education, but still dont have enough skills to change jobs. I have a house, which is great, but what I really wanted was a home. That went out the window with the Ex. So yea, I know exactly what you mean. Actually, my 26th birthday is in October, and I hope to use that as a springboard to a new productive life.
    Man, I would kill to have that shit . I am 22, I live with my parents, never had a relationship, have no job, and as of yesterday my car broke down and I have no way of fixing it...meaning I am stuck at home.

PS: anyone know how to tie a rope to hang one self?
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 08-09-05 at 01:26 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Hahaha - reading OV's post is sure to make you feel better about yourself!

I am old, too (but at least I am not going bald) and I don't know ANYONE who has accomplished all of their goals. People are greedy by nature, and there is always another thing you want to achieve to feel like you are a success. The idea is to set up actual, obtainable steps towards your goals that can be measured within a definite time frame, and then go for it. For example, don't say "I want to have a girlfriend within a month", but rather "I will ask no less than three different girls on a date this month".

You'll be fine. Lots of we older folk are in your same position.

Happy birthday. May all your birthday wishes come true.

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    Well guys, i will be 25 tomorrow and instead of looking forward to that day i'm not really into it. I haven't accomplished even half of the things i wanted to and it seems like years are passing by and nothing significant is happening in my life. I just recently started my studies and won't be finished anytime soon. Relationship wise, there have been good times, although it feels like it was centuries ago. Not to mention the fact that this same routine every single day is becoming so boring...I guess i gotta change a few things. Anyways, how many of you have accomplished exactly what you wanted or are getting close to it?
    I'm also 25 and I just started taking school seriously last semester ... every morning you wake up, you have a chance to change yourself whether it be your outlook on your current situation or just how you live ... I pay rent for an inlaw downstairs in my parents' house, so I'm close enough to living at home still ...

I haven't been in a relationship in a year and a half, but I don't mind because at this point in my life, females take up too much time ... and time is money. I'm just trying to get my goals accomplished before I try for anything in the "love" department ...

I agree that life gets a bit repetitive at times, but now that you're in school, it's worth suffering for a little bit to get your just deserves ... stay focused and it'll be all good!

don't fall to deep in this "rat race" because you know everyone's just out to get the "cheddar" ...
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    Hahaha - reading OV's post is sure to make you feel better about yourself!
    Yep! ...hey, wait a second
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Ahh, OV! You know I'm only having fun with ya!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast