+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guys making scrapbooks.

Guys making scrapbooks.

Does that seem gay? Would women love that from a guy? Nothing girly in it though. Just nice photography with scraps from dates and what not.

I don't see anything wrong with it as long as it's not something you do all the time as a hobby.

But maybe you should get a ladies opinion.

anachronistic Guest
    Scrapbooks are for people who have a past, but no present or future.

Sounds like gay.
    Only girls and gays do usually scrapbooking.

Tough guys don't waste time making scrapbook.

???

Lilwing is playing philosopher again.

Jbleezy, that's an unusual hobby for a male, but I don't think all women would have a problem with it. I know a couple of guys who took up needlework and knitting at their physician's suggestion to lower their blood pressure, and they got hooked.

Anyway, who cares what everyone else thinks? Most people are stupid, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    Scrapbooks are for people who have a past, but no present or future.
    So the same thing applies to people that take pictures of friends or family? Well then most people must not have a present or future. Then again, I don't understand how anyone could not have a present...unless you're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Anyway, who cares what everyone else thinks? Most people are stupid, anyway.
    Agreed...do what you enjoy. Don't worry what others think.

But if you really want to know what others think, chances are they'll think it's gay.

Nah I was just asking because my sister is cleaning all her stuff and I see this huge empty scrapbook and they are expensive so I was thinking if I would ever use it in my life or just sell it.

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1averagejoe View Post
    So the same thing applies to people that take pictures of friends or family? Well then most people must not have a present or future. Then again, I don't understand how anyone could not have a present...unless you're dead..
    I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to make scrapbooks, when I posted that, I was fully sarcastic.

When you look at photos, there is so much you can gather. In every photo, there is a story to tell. If you examine it closely, maybe you will recognize something you want to share with other people. That's when you make a scrapbook; you try to point out the story, and make it obvious through the artwork you use in the scrapbook. Maybe the caption describes the feelings you have towards that particular photo, and so forth.

It's so sad, because I haven't seen any really good scrapbooks, besides my high school German teacher's. They all just seem like a poorly put together collection of photos. I do find stories in each photo I see, but people who aren't as observant as I, might not. I have a scrap box full of old photos and letters and birthday cards and such, that I go back and look at every now and then.

It's not really 'gay' so to speak. Self reflection is very good, in my opinion, and that is what I think we get from scrapbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by shh! View Post
    Lilwing is playing philosopher again.
    Not philosopher, but philolsopher
    Last edited by anachronistic; 15-09-08 at 03:37 PM.

that is gay as hell.

not that there's anything wrong with that.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I've got a fair few interested glances and impressed lady friends through drawing stuff in my sketchbook, so at least that seems to work and it's a good way to pass the time in peace.
    Last edited by Lipp; 15-09-08 at 06:21 PM.

You could scrapbook in a non-gay way? Like put pictures of monster trucks and guns in there along with your family memories. J/K

Seriously, I'm with the "who cares" crowd. I know men that do alot of things that people would consider gay, like musical theater and fashion photography, and they are straight as boards. Plus, you may scoff at those choices, but those guys are also meeting the most gorgeous women along the way. If you like it and it makes you happy and/or succesful, who cares?
    Last edited by starbuck; 15-09-08 at 07:05 PM.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

If you are worried about what people will think/say, just keep your hobbies to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by anachronistic View Post
    I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to make scrapbooks, when I posted that, I was fully sarcastic.
    I say nothing and I am being sarcastic.

And actually scrapbooks are boring. Men usually don't like boring stuff.
    Don't expect anything.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If one of my friends was into scrapbooking I'd probably give him a hard time about it, but really it doesn't matter. Go for it.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein