+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why wont she text me back?

Why wont she text me back?

So im a young, only 18 year old christian guy. I have been on dates before and even had a girlfriend once, but she was really annoying and whiney more than anything else. Im just having problems with this one girl. After going out for coffee she told me she thinks shes fat and she asked me why a hot guy like me would want to see her. I should mention im really into health and im an aspiring male personal trainer. I actually thought she was really cute actually, i mean im not going to be picky over a few pounds of extra weight which could be lost in a month. After talking quite a bit through phone calls and texting she wanted to hang out again on the weekend so i took her to a movie. I put my arm around her and she cuddled up next to me, at that moment i felt as though i had everything i had ever wanted in my life and nothing else matters but me and her...I dropped her off later and kissed her on the cheek, when she got in i texted her goodnight shortly after as i had forgot to in my car, she immediatley replied. Anyways she usually texted me first several times a day, but yesterday nothing...so i texted her once and no reply and now today im still waiting, might throw a second text today but i would hate to be stripped of my masculinity by coming across as clingy. Any ideas why she wont text me back?

btw im an electrician who works with all guys so i mean its very hard for me to meet people outside of bars, and the girls at bars are slutty and only interested in getting drunk off free drinks.

Im in a similar situation mate. I thought everything was going perfectly, then she broke off contact after the second date. I think it could be to do with not making a move, and thus she thinks its down to insecurity, and not "having a pair" so to speak

Yea it sucks, but i did make a move...i did put my arm around her in the movie and kissed her on the cheek at the end of the night..i mean its only the second date. I hate it though, my normal self is a bit cocky, full of myself oh and i walk like a mini roid guy appearentley . Im serious into body building and what not as well so i mean i dont understand why should would think im a little girl. However, when it comes to chicks i just turn into a pussy...i have to put extra effort in to catch myself doing it and try and stop it.

but i will say i am in no way insecure, she actually is insecure so thats why im so confused.

Yeah thats true. I put my arm around mine on the first date, and we walked together. I kissed her on the cheek too as we said goodbye. But it tailed off after the second date, but i think thats down to me not going for it. Sometimes they lose interest, it hurt me like mad, it still does. The fact is, and i bet its the same for you, she doesn't want to get too involved. Don't take it personally mate, move on if she doesn't contact you at all. If you dont want to and youre still crazy about her, just meet her in person somehow, or phone her and ask her whats going on!

Well on the first date i should mention she called me hot, so i dunno whats up. After the first date she was obsessed to see me again, than after the movie date not so much. So i did call her today, she didnt sound too enthusiastic on the phone so i text her after the brief phone call, i just asked her if there is anything wrong...she said sorry shes just tired...i said she should pick our next date but no reply. She does work two jobs though so i will give the benefit of the doubt. I was planning to take her for dinner on tuesday, than friday maybe invite her over for a movie or watch a movie at her place and hopefully the first kiss. I wonder if this is too soon to invite her over? she might not fully trust me yet...i should just give up, i had much less stress before meeting her...The only important things in my life were my workouts, my car and my friends.

i know what you mean though it does hurt, and than the media has to make it look so easy like in movies, hell there is even fuzzy romance scenes in the star wars movie..wtf! lol one cant escape it.
    Last edited by bond007; 29-11-10 at 10:25 AM.

eh, she's not into you. simple as that. just because she's "insecure" doesn't mean she's going to jump into the arms of the first attractive guy she meets.

she probably was just not feeling you. best to move on as to not seem desperate.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

yea probably right, lol it seem like its only me when i send good morning text's its clingy but when other guy's do it, she likes it... whatever like i said stress and heartache...bought my first pack of smokes in like a month and im a health nut. lol oh well ill go hit the gym tomorrow and feel better i guess. Gotta admit though its been an amazing few dates.
    Last edited by bond007; 29-11-10 at 10:37 AM.

Haha, i know, movies make it seem so damned simple!!

She works two jobs? Mate, are we going out with the same person????? Different countries, but exact same situation! Check out my "find all posts" on my profile!

Fact is, we would always be arranging our lives around these girls. That makes us a bit of a doormat to them. It hurts like mad, because the dates were brilliant, i had such good fun, but it tailed off. Im gonna just ask her straight up whats going on, as i haven't spoken to her properly for a few weeks - Maybe you should just drop off the face of the earth for a few weeks, and see how she responds?
    Last edited by mattbrad5000; 29-11-10 at 06:28 PM.

Yea man ill go read it up...Omg i dont get her at all, lol i figured i would call her on sunday...she answered and i didnt say anything about the saturday text. So shes free a few days and i was trying to hook something up for Tuesday, she said she will let me know. Than she called me yesterday asking to hang out, i was busy but i basically said i can hang out for a few hours. We went to her house, i talked to her parents for like half an hour whom apparently like me, than i held her in my arms while we watched a movie and talked about really personal stuff with each other...past relationships and stuff, i also said a few corny things which i regret even though she responded really well to them. I gently kissed her before i left which she really liked, although it was not the way i imagined it (first kiss location and all)...im pretty new at this. When i left, i than text her a heart (which i regret) , and she replied with "awe". So i waited today till like 4 pm to text her today with a cocky/funny text, and still no reply, i guess i can call tomorrow. Did i come on too strong perhaps?, because thats not the impression im getting. I mentioned i had a girlfriend before and she would text me every half hour...now thats clingy... im far from clingy in my opinion.

lol this is so f***ing annoying, its inferring with my job because it always in the back of my mind and adds to the daily stress. Today i dented a metal door a couple times out of frustration and almost broke my hand.

this is my take on it...she doesnt like texting me unless its to set something up the day of, but when we hang out shes really interested.