+ Follow This Topic

Thread: leaving soon

leaving soon

It's sad how dependent I've become on online forums... it's like a drug... I can't make dating decisions on my own anymore...
    Anyway.

Two weeks ago I started hanging out with this guy I had a huge crush on. We've hung out every other day or so for 8, 9, 10 hours at a time. Our second or third date we kissed, and we kissed again the next day, but then we talked about it and decided that since a) he doesn't want to be in a serious relationship and b) I'm leaving for a year on Saturday, we shouldn't kiss again and leave it at "just friends". He said he really enjoyed hanging out with me, and didn't want a serious relationship, but also didn't want a one-night stand.

We've hung out a lot since then, and we always hold hands and hard-core snuggle, and he'll kiss me on the top of the head or something. I'm pretty much head-over-heels for him, and I'm sure he realizes that, but he never tries to kiss me on the lips or do anything to break our just-friends pact. He calls me almost every day to hang out and always tells me how much he enjoys our "dates".

So I basically just don't know what to do. I'll be back home for Christmas but he'll be out visiting his family, and once for 5 days before that for a wedding which he probably will be around for. I don't know what to do about keeping in touch - we never really talk on the phone, we always have our conversations in person - and phone calls will be pretty expensive... Should I just see what happens when I get back in a year? It's so frustrating I'm gonna miss him so much
    Last edited by lovesjoyajm; 30-08-06 at 01:41 PM.

King Zarathu Guest
    So he's basically teasing you. Personally, I would just **** the guy and get it over with.

How is that teasing me?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think you should just forget him for now. You might keep in touch by email, but I'm not sure how that would allow you to get over him.

By the way - "hard core snuggling" is inappropriate for "just friends". Keep your hands to yourself. (This is probably also what skaterboy meant by saying he is teasing you.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?