+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What if she Never calls?

What if she Never calls?

Some of you know me from my previous post, A quick update: I broke up with her 3 weeks ago. She is already with someone else.

The most common advice I got here is to avoid contact altogether... It seems like good advice. It has been 3 days since I've talked to her. I've said Everything I needed to say, And I have done all I can do.

How long do I wait? What if she never contacts me? What do I do? I am in so much pain. Please advise me...

You do nothing. There's nothing you can do. She's with someone else.

If she wants to talk to you, she'll call... however I recommend not talking to her until you're over her.
    I don't chase, I replace.

Just let her come to you. Talking to her will only keep you attached and impede your healing. I know for a fact because that's what I did a couple times, but I have stuck with the whole no contact on my part for about a month now and its doing me justice.

Why exactly do you want her to call? She's with someone else. That only spells trouble.

The point of no contact is not to wait until she calls you again, it's to let you clear your mind so you can be receptive to a new relationship with someone else.

In that context, it would be a good thing if she NEVER calls you again.

The purpose of no contact is to help you put each other in the past and get over the pain of your breakup. If she indeed does call you, you should ask her not to any more and wish her well.

Carl.

Trust me, cutting all contact is the best way to go til you're over her. The more you hold on, the less of a chance you'll let go. Find some hobbies and things to do to help you get over her. Sitting around moping isnt gonna do any justice for you. Eventually, you'll be over her, and you'll feel relieved. It'll take time, but it'll be worth it in the end.
    ..::.*Love is giving someone the ability to break your heart but trusting them not to*.::..

ok. That would be tough!

What if she sent me a text to just ask how I'm doing? What would I say? You guys say ignore it??? or I should I just say something like " I'm doing just fine"...

Quote Originally Posted by Very Broken View Post
    ok. That would be tough!

What if she sent me a text to just ask how I'm doing? What would I say? You guys say ignore it??? or I should I just say something like " I'm doing just fine"...
    tbh VB i would be very surprised if she did contact you. like i said before if a guy had kicked me out once; not a mind 3 times; i wouldn't be going back for love nor money...nothing would bring me back. you are suffering now; but it will fade.

fact is you already know that you both are completely unsuitable. i reckon for your own future happiness that you look for a woman with more life experience that matches yours - a person you will respect and who will respect you.
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 24-11-08 at 05:50 AM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

I just miss her so much. I cry all the time. This is so hard. If she did contact me today, I would welcome her back in a heartbeat! And wouldn't care what anybody thought... I don't know why I let her go.

it is hard and i feel for you but in time that feeling WILL fade. you need to be prepared to move on coz like i said; i very much doubt she will ever contact you again, i'm sorry
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Update

Hey guys. Just an update on my broken heart...

I sent her a text today simply saying "Happy Thanksgiving"
    And yes, she replied! She replied!!! It made my day. She just said happy thanksgiving too. But that is a big step. right? I did not expect that at all. I did not reply back, that was good enough for me!

So now what? Please Advise!

And yes, she replied! She replied!!! It made my day. She just said happy thanksgiving too. But that is a big step. right? I did not expect that at all. I did not reply back, that was good enough for me!

Oh dear. Very Broken I understand you are in pain but you can't protract this by contacting her.

Of course she replied, she didn't want to be rude but she is with someone else. Don't humiliate yourself by contacting her. You need to leave her to get on with her life. Meanwhile you need to focus on YOU. Have you been keeping busy?
    Do you have friends who you can talk to?

Very Broken I just read your initial post.

So you threw this girl out 3 times. You are 41 and she is 22.

Well that is never going to work out anyway. There is too much age disparity.

Why don't you try to date women around your own age?

Happy Thanksgiving too is a big step??? In what universe?

Carl.
    Last edited by carl1222; 28-11-08 at 11:04 AM.

3 weeks and she found another. Oh man! You are ****ed. No, actually it is the opposite, she is being ****ed good, you are not.
    Don't expect anything.

Well seems like we are in the same situation, my advice to you is to pick up a hobby... Something that would make you stop thinking about her, something that can get you so tired and exahusted that you wont have time to cry for her...

Thats why I am in this forum! =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast