+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love Germany but...

I love Germany but...

Every time I come to this country I seem to lose a CRAZY amount of weight. I'm not saying the food is bad here, it's just not for me.

I'm a semi-vegetarian, I'll eat meat but most of the time I just don't like the way it tastes. I can only have it every couple of days otherwise I'll get absolutely sick of it. There's meat in EVERYTHING here. I asked for a ceasar salad and they dumped bacon and spicy peppers on top. I've been living off of fruit, potatoes and beer which seems to be my secret diet for weight loss.

I put on my jeans today and they nearly fell off. I was elated. I lost 2 belt notches. Back home I was exercising and dieting like crazy trying to lose some inches and weight. I was having no luck. Who knew all I had to do was go to a country where I couldn't eat anything

I know this post is useless. Mostly I'm just bored trying to kill time before my 6am flight. Sorry

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    7 hours to go

Yeah actually when I was living in Germany, I lost weight till extreme 47 kg and looked totally skinny. But I rather blame it on my private problems back then

Don't love Germany... There are sooooooooooooo many other ,MUCH MUCH better countries in Europe, why Germany?

Actually Germany has it's magic, you love this country untill you start to live there and find out that even though restaurants, ice creams and alcohol is cheap, social system is almost perfect, life is cheap there, good job opportunities etc, this country sucks and each city seems to be the same, everywhere happy old people in their red houses with newest mercedes in front of their home. I'm already depressed that I'm going to spend next 3 years there,but at the same time, it gives me motivation to work hard to finish university ASAP !!
    I wazzzz here

Lol. I love most places I visit in Europe. The people are all so different and the culture is always different from what I'm used to. I just walk around in fascination soaking it all in.

Stockholm is by far my favorite out of all the places I've visited but Germany was the first place in the EU that I had ever gone so it will always be close to my heart.

I also think the people are really nice here. I've been working all week at the Gamescom convention giving demos and I've lost my voice. The staff at the hotel noticed and they sent someone up with jars full of honey and advice on how I shouldn't put it in my tea but I should instead eat the honey straight with a spoon, letting it coat my throat. He also told me that I should turn down my air conditioner, etc. That kind of quirky, personalized care is absolutely adorable and it's one of the reason's I love it here.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    France is the place to go and get fat. Tho, really even there the lifestyle isn't conducive to it. The US and Oz are way fatter.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    France is the place to go and get fat. Tho, really even there the lifestyle isn't conducive to it. The US and Oz are way fatter.
    THAT IS SO TRUE !! After I got so skinny in Germany,next place where I was spending most of the time was France, I gained few kgs during first month or two! The rest of 10 kg that I gained after becoming so extremely skinny was done in Spain - and all this on home meals !!! It's crazy !Polish kitchen is very fat but somehow polish people aren't fat in general. I was actually normal until I moved out of Poland.

France is not just a place to go and get fat, it's a place to be - deffinitely a nr 1 place on my list where I want to spend my life
    I wazzzz here

When I visited Berlin it was flat-out depressing, a place where dreams go to shrivel up and die. Hopefully the countryside beats the big cities.

Hahaha, I lost around 30 lbs when I lived in Germany, but only because I was frugal and walking everywhere.

Lipp, I would say that the German countryside is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. Berlin isn't that great, IMO. Belgrade is prettier. If you want a real taste of Germany, go to Sachsen-Anhalt or Thuringia. Maybe I'll post some pictures if anyone is interested in going there.

PP, I can give you some interesting places to visit while you're there, so you don't yank your toenails out from depression and boredom.

Fcuk you all. Berlin is awesome, and beautiful as soon as you get out of the middle. When I want beautiful countryside, that's what Amurica is for.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by doppelgaenger View Post

PP, I can give you some interesting places to visit while you're there, so you don't yank your toenails out from depression and boredom.
    I've spent too much time in Germany to change my mind. I do like some places, like Aachen - the city where I used to live, but now not anymore cause I have too many bad memories tied to this place, couldn't go back to live there... I couldn't live in south, Bayern people would kill me with their language. I stay in north, at least I'll be with my mother...and flights from Bremen to Mallorca are the cheapest from all the cities in DE. But I do bachelor and nothing more, the day I get my bachelor diploma, I **** out of there
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Baltic coast. That is on my bucket list. Any of you with suggestions?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Baltic... I used to live 150km from the Baltic sea for 18 years of my life and yet I saw that sea like... 3 times in my life Dunno what to say
    I wazzzz here

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    Fcuk you all. Berlin is awesome, and beautiful as soon as you get out of the middle. When I want beautiful countryside, that's what Amurica is for.
    I don't know about Berlin, but I have never yet met a European that claimed they have superior countryside. They have beautiful cities; we have beautiful natural scenery.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We don't talk about countrysides because tourists from US for example, if they travel to Europe, they mostly prefer to visit the cities that are so famous. It's hard to visit even small part of them during one travel. We do have a lot of lovely countryside ,but we also have a lot of beautiful cities . So we talk about the cities At least, it's easier to access them
    I wazzzz here

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Best beaches in the world = Australia.

Best scenery and variety = South America >>> North America. Caribbean to the North, Andes (amazing), Amazon, Patagonia...
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Best place evar = Wherever PP is going to
    I wazzzz here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast